Call for Proposals
Rama Watumull Collaborative Lecture Series
The Center for South Asian Studies invites applications to bring to UHM scholars with an expertise in South Asian studies or South Asia related topics as part of the Rama Watumull Collaborative Lecture Series. The award is aimed at supporting the interest in departments across the UHM campus in South Asia-related topics and perspectives.
We are accepting applications on a rolling basis.
The Rama Watumull Collaborative Lecture Series awards will not exceed $1,500. This grant may be combined with other awards if necessary.
The funds provided by the Center will cover reasonable costs of travel, lodging, and honorarium for invited speakers. The responsibility for organizing and making arrangements for the visit and associated events as well as for hosting the visiting scholar(s) will be that of the faculty/department receiving funds.
The invited speaker will:
- Deliver a lecture on South Asia related research or material for a departmental colloquium series, and
- Participate in a workshop with faculty and graduate students on the relationship between South Asia and or South Asian studies and the specific concerns of the discipline.
Departments and programs interested in making use of this opportunity should submit:
- the name of the prospective invitee
- a brief rationale for choosing the speaker, with dates for the visit, and topics proposed for the talk, and workshop
- a CV or other biographical information
- a budget.
We ask that you please submit materials to Rohini Acharya, CSAS Coordinator, by email (email@example.com).