What activities can I conduct with Career Skills?
Below are some sample lessons plans describing activities you can conduct in conjunction with Career Skills. These lessons vary in student work time required, from approximately 2 to 6 hours, and allow for an authentic assessment of student learning.
The applicable Hawaii Content and Performance Standard relating to Career and Technical Education – Career Planning is noted. A rubric is included within each lesson plan that could be used to assess students’ attainment of the learning benchmark.
- Lesson 1 – Create Display (MS Word .doc)
- Lesson 2 – Skits and Reflection (MS Word .doc)
- Lesson 3 – Reflection (MS Word .doc)
The Job Application Process
- Lesson 4 – Preparing Job Application Documents (MS Word .doc)
- Lesson 5 – Preparing for Interviews (MS Word .doc)
These lesson plans are samples to provide ideas and help you to incorporate Career Skills into your classroom. Please modify these lesson plans as you feel necessary to meet the needs of your classroom. Also, please review the Career Skills lesson listing (PDF) to determine if there is specific content you would like your students to learn.