The Women's Center supports the personal and academic development and success of students at UHM. It is an on-campus gathering place, with two lounges for studying and small group meetings.
The Women's Center provides:
- Referral services - staff can help connect you with on and off campus resources for domestic violence, sexual assault, legal aid, homelessness, and other crisis needs.
- A reading resource library with hundreds of books, magazines, and videos.
- Special educational forums and workshops.
- Network opportunities for students and staff interested in women's issues.
- Volunteer opportunities.
The Women's Center also supports the Sexual Assault Prevention Team and Bridge to Hope:
- The Sexual Assault Prevention Team (SAPT) is a co-ed peer education group dedicated to reducing sexual assault on campus. The SAPT provides free prevention education programs to classrooms, residence halls, clubs and organizations on the UHM campus. Training for volunteer peer educators occurs each semester.
- The Bridge to Hope program is an employment support program for First-to-Work participants enrolled at any University of Hawai`i campus. Bridge to Hope can assist with on-campus student employment and other services to help welfare (TANF) recipient students succeed in their educational goals.
Director: Christine Quemuel
Queen Lili`uokalani Center for Student Services 211
Phone: (808) 956-8059