FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
- Email the Application
- Diversity and Equity proposals are accepted in October and February. Emailed applications can be submitted anytime before the actual deadline.
- Only Five (5) copies - Mail or Drop off
- Five (5) copies of application with narrative are due in the SEED office on the cut off date. Refer to the Deadlines and how to apply section below for upcoming due dates.
Who can apply
- The Diversity and Equity Initiative is open to all ten University of Hawaiʻi campuses.
- Faculty, staff or an organization submitting a proposal must have UH department sponsorship and a university fiscal officer to assist with the disbursement of the award.
- Proposals that partner with other UH campuses are encouraged.
Deadlines and how to apply
- 2014 Spring, February 7, 4:30pm
- 2014 Fall, October 3, 4:30pm
- Visit our Apply Now! section for an application checklist, to download the application, or for information on how to submit your completed application.
What happens if you receive a Diversity and Equity Initiative award
- Inform the university and the broader community about your diversity project. Advertise in the UH Calendar and use other media links listed under Resources.
- Acknowledge the "UH Diversity and Equity Initiative", as a sponsor or co-sponsor on the promotional materials.
- Review the Checklist Report form for information requested after the project is initiated.
Any questions or comments, contact:
Coordinator - Pua Auyong-White
Phone: (808) 222-5591
SEED Office – QLCSS Rm. 413
2600 Campus Road
Honolulu, HI 96822