- First page requires the necessary contact information, amount requested, area of diversity that project addresses and the category of initiative. Include a brief 500 character description of the project with intended start and finish date.
- Signatures are required on the submitted hard copies.
- Budget page asks for fiscal officer information and level 4 program number. This is the campus designation of where the diversity funds will be dispersed from. The department fiscal officer will be familiar with this information.
- A budget breakdown is provided. If your project budget does not fall within the suggested categories a separate budget page describing expenses can be attached with the application
- Review the Checklist Report form before writing the proposal. This report is submitted a month after the project is completed. The Checklist Report form is available for download from our Resources page.
- Save a copy of the application for your files and make a copy for the department fiscal officer.
- Email the application with attached narrative to email@example.com
Writing the Narrative
- Review the Checklist Report form before writing the proposal. This report is submitted a month after your project is completed and includes details about how the project was carried out.
- For proposals requesting up to $5000: attach a narrative 5 pages or less. Include goals and objectives, method and evaluation of project and what area of diversity it addresses.
- Proposals that request $1000 or less: attach a 1 page narrative describing the project and the area of diversity it addresses.
- Include a brief description of the principal investigator or organization submitting the proposal. 1 page or less.
- View Sample Narratives
What the DEI can fund
- Travel for speakers, trainers, performance artists
- Printing and supply costs
- Rental for venues or equipment
- Administrative support to initiate the project
What the DEI cannot fund
- Travel for faculty or students to the mainland
- Food for events
- Leis and flowers
- Overload for faculty
- Computers, digital cameras or printers
Complete your application by the deadline
- Visit our Apply Now! section to view the upcoming deadlines, review the application checklist, download the application, or for information on how to submit your completed application.