Incoming NSE Students
Aloha and congratulations on your NSE placement at University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa!
This page includes all enrollment, housing/dining, and health documents needed to completed for exchange at UHM. Please bookmark this site for future reference.
- Spring 2018 registration will begin November 27.
- Spring 2018 residence move-in will begin Friday, January 5. Plan your arrival for as close to this date as possible.
- NSE Orientation will be Saturday, January 6. Attendance is required.
- Spring 2018 semester begins on Monday, January 8.
Things to do:
- Please complete and sign the NSE Placement Agreement Form (PAF) provided by your home campus NSE Coordinator as quickly as possible and confirm that it is sent to the UHM NSE office.
- Please complete the UHM Admission Application at apply.hawaii.edu as quickly as possible and no later October 1 for Spring 2018 enrollment. The required fee is $70. This application must be submitted and an offer of admission made before you can apply for housing.
- Review the Student Housing Services website. You must complete the housing application and submit the $25 housing application fee. No late applications will be accepted. The UHM Student Identification number is needed to complete the application. Your ID number will be created following your offer of admission. NOTE: NSE students are STRONGLY encouraged to consider on-campus living.
- Review this cost of living resource. Hawaiʻi can be very expensive and rental properties near campus are outside the budget for college students.
- The NSE program fee of $85 will be required by December 8. A check may be addressed to "UHM National Student Exchange." Registration access will not be available until the program fee is submitted.
- Please review health clearance requirements for new students. Complete the Health Clearance form and submit as soon as possible. You may not register for classes until you have received health clearance.
- If you are a Plan A student, planning to use federal financial aid for your exchange, please list FAFSA school code is 001610 for University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa on your FAFSA. An initial financial aid offer will be made to you by the UHM Financial Aid Office, which you will be able to view on the MyUH Services, our university information system. Please note that funding is limited and your financial aid may not cover all costs while participating in this program. Be prepared to supplement your financial aid award with other means of funding.
- For information on the costs of attending the University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa on Plan A, see the 2017-18 Cost of Attendance. Plan A students will pay the in-state resident tuition.
- You must send an unofficial transcript after final grades have been released from your home institution as a PDF email attachment.
- Review the University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa course catalog and the schedule of classes.
- Prepare to register for the Spring 2018 semester on November 27. Registration is completed online. A UHM Student Identification number is needed to register. Your ID number will be created following your offer of admission.
- Get ready for an exciting exchange experience at University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa!
When mailing items or requesting transcripts be sent to the UHM NSE office, please use this address:
QLC #406B, 2600 Campus Rd
University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa
Honolulu, HI 96822
firstname.lastname@example.org | (808) 956-9307