This FR 101 class section (CRN 31573)is conducted on the Internet.
The Internet allows students to take a course at home using a personal computer. Familiarity with using a computer and basic Internet skills (browsing, sending e-mail, saving/sending files) is required. Students must have a computer with Internet access. Depending on the online course, students may be required to log in at a specific day and time or at anytime. Students taking an online course should always contact their instructor after registration or prior to the first day of class to get detailed information regarding the course.
1. You must have high-speed internet access.
2. It is recommended you use Firefox as your browser.
3. You must have a microphone for your computer.
4. If you have a PC, you will need Quicktime for streaming the video clips. Mac users will already have Quicktime. Go to
to get a free download. Do not type your email address on the site. Just click on Free Download Now.
5. For listening to sound files, you may need to update your FlashPlayer.
You can see if you have the latest flash player update at this address:
To get the latest flash player, you must go to this address:
It is also required that you obtain a UH Email account. Please go to the following URL for more information: http://www.hawaii.edu/askus/563