Our book is Excellence Business Communication, 10th Ed. by John V. Thill and Courtland Bovee, published by Prentice Hall, ©2012. It is NOT in the Leeward CC Bookstore.
You have two options for purchasing the book:
1. etextbook (which you "rent" for 180 days. You'll need a credit card to order it online.) Why would you choose an ebook?
· it's the cheapest option: no shipping or printing costs makes electronic text less expensive for you (at $69.99 our ebook is 60% cheaper than the printed version)
· you don't need to stand in line at the campus bookstore with instant online purchasing
· you can view the electronic version on any computer linked to the internet
· you can print none, all or some pages of the book, as you prefer
· you can find information easily using computer-driven search tools, such as a clickable Table of Contents and a clickable index
To order the ebook for our class:
Step 1: go to http://www.mypearsonstore.com/bookstore/product.asp?isbn=0132719045&xid=PSED
(copy and paste this address onto your browser)
Step 2: Look for "Digital Products" to choose the ONLINE BOOK etextbook option at the right side of your screen to add to your shopping cart. When you go to checkout, you'll need to create an account to complete your purchase.
2. printed textbook. If you are located outside the US (and not on a military base) or if you prefer a traditional printed version of the book, you may order it from the Pearson website above (where it says "Alternative Products") or from the Leeward CC bookstore (but remember that because this will be a special order, it may cost more than buying it directly from the publisher.) Or you can search online for a textbook from a number of other sources, such as Amazon.com and Campusbooks.com. The ISBN for a printed copy is ISBN-13: 978-0-13-271904-9. (Note: the "Student Value Edition" is 3-hole punched for a binder. It is cheaper than a bound copy, but it's almost impossible to resell.)