- Language Sections
- Language Placement Testing
- For Students
- EALL Flagship
Associate Specialist, Language Technology
Temporary Portable 105
M.A.; University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa, 1998, Teaching English as a Second Language
M.A.; University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa, 1990, Chinese Language (Pedagogic Focus)
B.A.; University of California at Berkeley, 1984, Chinese Language
- Design and delivery of online and hybrid language instruction
- Strategies for measuring and fostering cohesion and community in online interaction
- Design of online intercultural exchanges based on the Cultura model from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Implementation of task-based language teaching (TBLT) methodology in online and hybrid curriculum design
Hu, K. (2013). Between Confucianism and Zen: King Hu on Raining in the Mountain (1979). Translated by S. L. Tschudi from original interview with King Hu by Chen Tingting and Xue Pan. In R. Garcia (Ed.), King Hu in his own words. Udine, Italy: Centro Espressione Cinematografiche.
Hill, Y. Z., & Tschudi, S. L. (2011). Exploring task-based curriculum development in a blended-learning conversational Chinese program. International Journal of Virtual and Personal Learning Environments, 2(1), 19-36.
Tschudi, S. L., Hiple, D., & Chun, D. (2009). Fostering community and cohesion in asynchronous online courses. In I. Lancashire (Ed.), Teaching literature and language online, Options for Teaching series (pp. 121-146). New York: Modern Language Association.