Using the TLC
Who may use the TLC computers?
- COE faculty members
- Grant participants
- COE doctoral students teaching
- Students currently enrolled
in a COE class
How long can I use the TLC computers for?
Computers need to be reserved in advance. Walk-ins will be accommodated
on an availability basis. Computers are available for use Monday
through Friday, 10:30 am to 12:00 pm, 1:00 pm to 4:30 pm. You can
use the computers as long as you reserve them for.
Can I print from these computers?
No printing is allowed in the TLC unless prior arrangements have been
made with the Technology Consultants on staff.
Can I save my files on the TLC computers?
Files can be saved on the TLC computers' hard drives if prior arrangements
have been made to save the work. All other files will be deleted
from the desktops of the computer at the end of every day.
Procedures for reserving a TLC computer
- Call the Technology Assistants at 956-3635 or send an e-mail
to reserve a date and time period on a computer. You can request
a particular computer if you have previous work saved on it.
- When calling or e-mailing the TLC, please include your name,
department or COE course, and UH ID barcode number (located below
the barcode on the UH ID). All reservations will be linked to
your UH ID barcode number.
- Come to Wist 236 with your validated UH ID. Check in with the
Technology Consultants on duty.
- When you are finished using the TLC computers, please delete
any unwanted files off the computer. If you would like to temporarily
save some files on the hard drives, please alert the Technology
Consultants which files on your computer you would like saved.
- Notify the Technology Consultants of any difficulty or problems
you had with the computers so that they may fix the problem before
the next user arrives.
[Back to Top]