UH Scientific Diver Refresher Training
DAN Diving First Aid for Professional Divers
2023 Training Dates
WHEN: Wednesday, September 13, 2023, 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Monday, October 16, 2023, 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Wednesday, November 8, 2023, 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Wednesday, December 6, 2023, 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
WHERE: EHSO Classroom, UH Manoa, 1980 East-West Rd.
DESCRIPTION: Renews emergency responder certification for diving accidents compliant with requirements of the UH Diving Safety Manual, including:
- CPR for Professional Responders and Lifeguards
- Advanced Oxygen Administration for Diving Accidents
- Field Neurologic Exam for Diving Accidents
- Standard First Aid
- Hazardous Marine Life First Aid
ELIGIBILITY: UH Scientific Divers previously certified by UH Diving Safety Program in CPR, First Aid and DAN Oxygen Administration for Diving Accidents, whose certificates are about to expire or have recently expired.
PARTICIPANTS MUST COMPLETE DAN DFA-Pro eLEARNING AND FINAL EXAM ON LAULIMA PRIOR TO DATE OF COURSE
- Initial Review of Changes to Response Procedures
- Knowledge Assessment Written Exam
- Practical Skills Refresher
Maximum Class Size: 6 each date.
COST RECOVERY FEE:
UH Student/Faculty/Staff: $60.00
Partner Institutions: $120.00
- CHECK ONLY (PERSONAL/CASHIERS/MONEY ORDER)
- PAYABLE TO: University of Hawaii
- Payment must be received no later than 4:00pm, the day prior to each training date.
TO RESERVE: Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
DIRECT ALL QUESTIONS: Liv Wheeler (808) 956-6617 or email@example.com