These team members are MS4 users; and, have been made fully aware of their compliance responsibilities via training, email correspondences, and/or site visits.
While overall compliance is overseen by the Environmental Compliance Officer, the entire SWMP Team functions as a whole to ensure permit conditions are continually met.
Communication between the Environmental Compliance Officer and various SWMP Team Members occurs frequently, which enables, for example, the following:
- Detection of active and/or potential illicit discharges;
- Discussion (and necessary correction) of planned activities involving outdoor water use;
- Input into planning of projects (so NGPC requirements are achieved);
- Rectification of non-compliant items observed during inspections;
- Training and information sharing;
- Meeting with contractors to review project-specific erosion and sediment controls;
- Scheduling of meetings to discuss SWMP updates and other concerns; and,
- Submission of work orders required to address compliance issues.
Given the dynamic nature of storm water management at UHM, it is expected that SWMP revisions will occur at least annually.
When changes are made, the revised SWMP will be sent electronically to all SWMP Team members discussed in Table 1, with a clear description of the change; and, a deadline upon which to acknowledge changes.