IN CASE OF ANY CAMPUS EMERGENCY DIAL 6-6911
IN THE EVENT OF ANY CAMPUS EMERGENCY DIAL 6-6911, PROVIDE INFORMATION ON THE LOCATION ON THE NATURE OF THE EMERGENCY, i.e., ACCIDENT, FIRE, ETC. GIVE THELOCATION, BUILDING NAME, YOUR NAME, NUMBER YOU ARE CALLING FROM, AND ANY OTHER INFORMATION REQUESTED. REMAIN ON THE PHONE UNTIL RELEASED.
FIRE EVACUATION AND NOTIFICATION PROCEDURES
When the building fire alarm is activated, occupants will:
- Evacuate the building without delay.
- Call 6-6911 and provide information as stated above.
- Where possible, close all doors and windows. Do not under any circumstances silence building fire alarm. Do not return to the building for any reason until instructed to do so by competent authority.
- Move away from the building entrance and fire department access. Do not obstruct fire hydrants.
- If you are disabled and may need assistance in an emergency:
Contact: _________________________________ Room: _________________________________ Safe areas of refuge within this building are located: ________________________________________________________________________ In case of fire in any campus building the occupants will: ________________________________________________________________________
- Sound the building fire alarm.
- Initiate evacuation procedures as listed in 2,3, & 4 above.
- While maintaining a safe escape route and where prudent, utilize first aid fire fighting equipment, i.e., portable extinguishers, wet standpipe hose.
- Remember to crawl low in smoke. Know the location of enclosed stairwells and building exits. If escape routes are clocked by heat or heavy smoke, seek an area of refuge or remain in your room with the door closed and opening sealed until help arrives.
- Clear building access for fire department response.
- Direct responding fire official to the fire scene.
- Account for all personnel.