Federal and State regulations as well as the UH HMMP require that all generators of hazardous waste receive mandatory initial training and annual refresher training. The purpose of the training is to provide waste generators with EPA requirements and University hazardous materials/waste policies and procedures. EHSO will not accept a request for disposal of excess hazardous materials or hazardous waste unless the Hazardous Waste Turn in Form is signed by a generator that has attended the initial training or a refresher training within the past year.
- Initial hazardous waste training is held at the New EHSO Training Room Map, located at 1980 East-West Rd. – Building 149C (Campus Security Portable) Room 6. See also the UH Campus Map [Location is listed under Campus Security(CS)].
- You must be a UH employee working on the Manoa campus or at a Manoa-based Off-Campus facility (UHCC Kaka’ako, HNEI-HiSERF, HIMB, IFA, Kewalo Marine Lab, Lyon Arboretum, Makai Pier, UHMC, Waikiki Aquarium) to attend this training.
- Please contact Leimomi Kekina, EHSO Education Coordinator, via email at email@example.com or by phone at 956-5180 with any training related questions or if assistance is needed scheduling classes.
- JABSOM Kaka’ako personnel should not register for the Initial Hazardous Waste Generator training and should instead contact JABSOM EHSO Staff to coordinate site specific online training. Email Janet Meeks at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- In addition, laboratory safety training is required for all new employees working at UH laboratories. See the Laboratory Safety training schedule for more information.
Fill out the information below to sign up for training:
Annual Refresher Training Classes (1.5 Hours)
FOR UH MANOA CAMPUS PERSONNEL: Annual refresher training for faculty, staff and students who are located at the UH Manoa Campus is now offered online via Laulima at https://laulima.hawaii.edu/autoenroll/?hazwastemanoa.
MANOA-BASED OFF-CAMPUS FACILITIES: Annual refresher training forfaculty, staff and students located at off-campus facilities (UHCC Kaka’ako, HNEI-HiSERF, HIMB, IFA, Kewalo Marine Lab, Lyon Arboretum, Makai Pier, UHMC, Waikiki Aquarium) will need to access online training via Laulima athttps://laulima.hawaii.edu/autoenroll/?hazwasteoffcampus.
FOR JABSOM KAKA’AKO OR JABSOM OFF-CAMPUS FACILITIES:JABSOM Kaka’ako personnel should not register for the Manoa or Off-Campus Hazardous Waste Generator Refresher Training and should instead contact JABSOM EHSO Staff to coordinate site specific online training. Email Janet Meeks at email@example.com for more information.