Lab Safety Training Information:
- Lab Safety training is required for all university employees working in the laboratory environment. Training covers contents of the Chemical Hygiene Plan, physical and health hazards of chemicals, and methods and observations used to detect hazardous conditions.
- Training classes are approximately two hours in length and are held at the EHSO Training Room, 1980 East-West Rd. – Building 149C (Campus Security Portable) Room 6. See also the UH Campus Map [Location is listed under Campus Security(CS)]. Please contact Hans O. Nielsen, EHSO Occupational Health and Safety Program Manager, via email at email@example.com or by phone at 956-3204 with any training related questions or if assistance is needed scheduling classes.
- For more Lab Safety training information, see the UH Manoa Chemical Hygiene Plan: Employee Information and Training
- For Hazardous Waste Generator training please see the HMMP training schedule. A complete guide to EHSO training classes is also available.
- Notice to JABSOM Kaka’ako Personnel: JABSOM Kaka’ako lab personnel should not register for the Manoa lab safety training and instead contact JABSOM EHSO Staff to coordinate site specific online training. Email Janet Meeks at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Fill out the information below to sign up for training:
Note: Classes may be cancelled if turnout is low (those signed up for cancelled classes will be e-mailed).
Annual Lab Safety Refresher Training:
This training is required on an annual basis following completion of the initial course provided by UH EHSO staff. This refresher session should be conducted by the individual PI or designated lab manger using the Lab Personnel Safety Checklist as a guide.
Note: Once complete, this checklist and all other training documentation should be kept on hand for review during EHSO or other regulatory agency inspections.
Online Training Resources: