Lab Safety Training
Lab Safety Training Information:
- Lab Safety training is required for all university employees working in the laboratory environment. Training covers contents of the Chemical Hygiene Plan, physical and health hazards of chemicals, and methods and observations used to detect hazardous conditions.
- Training classes are approximately two hours in length
and are held
at the EHSO Training Room, 2040 East-West Rd. See
UH Campus Map (Listed under Environ Health/Safety[H2]).
- Please email Hans Nielsen at email@example.com to schedule training.
- For more Lab Safety training information, see the UH Manoa Chemical Hygiene Plan: Employee Information and Training
- For Hazardous Waste Generator training please see the HMMP training schedule. A complete guide to EHSO training classes is also available.
Note: Classes may be cancelled if turnout is low (those signed up for cancelled classes will be e-mailed).
Annual Lab Safety Refresher
This training is required on an annual basis following completion of the
initial course provided by UH EHSO staff. This refresher session should be
conducted by the individual PI or designated lab manger using the Lab Personnel
Safety Checklist as a guide.
Note: Once complete, this checklist and all other training documentation
should be kept on hand for review during EHSO or other regulatory agency
Online Training Resources: