Job Safety Analysis
- Job Safety Analysis template – UH Manoa Supervisors can use this as a means of establishing written risk reduction controls for tasks assigned to employees.
- Personal Protective Equipment Assessment Certification (for supervisors in non-lab areas) – Supervisors can use this form fillable pdf as a means of selecting and certifying PPE for the tasks assigned to employees in non-lab areas (shops, grounds crews, etc.).
- HIOSH Referenced sample JHA (PDF)
- HIOSH inspection checklists for over 30 different topics
Ergonomics in the Workplace: NIOSH Guides
Respiratory Protection Program
- Respiratory Protection Program Fact Sheet
- Respiratory Protection Program (Rev. 8/2018) (PDF)
- Medical Clearance Form & Respirator Selection Worksheet (PDF)
- Appendix D to 29 CFR 1910.134: “Information for Employees Using Respirators When Not Required Under the Standard” (PDF)
- Video: Respirator Safety (US Department of Labor)
- Video: The Difference Between Respirators and Surgical Masks (US Department of Labor) Note: UH Manoa personnel needing respiratory protection who will be conducting work at JABSOM Kaka’ako contact the on site EHSO Staff to coordinate. Email Lisa Johns at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
This REFRESHER module presents information required by the Hawaii Occupational Safety and Health’s Biological Agents and Bloodborne Pathogens Standard and is intended for non-research personnel at UH. This includes requirements of the Standard, nature and epidemiology of bloodborne pathogens, the practices and procedures of protecting yourself and others against exposure, proper documentation, and any new updates or changes to the standard.
This training module may be used for:
the required Annual refresher for Bloodborne Pathogens, or
a means of documenting understanding of the Bloodborne Pathogens Standard after taking an Initial training course at a UH facility.
Note: If you have not received an initial in-person training session from your department or our office, you are not eligible to receive a certificate for this module. Please contact your departmental coordinator to arrange through the UH EHSO.
If you need further information please contact the UH EHSO at 956-5180 or e-mail email@example.com.
Some documents require Adobe Acrobat/Reader 6.0 or higher. Adobe® Acrobat® Reader® is free software that lets you view and print Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF) files on all major computer platforms, as well as fill in Adobe PDF forms online. Download Adobe Reader