Some of the services provided by this program include the following:
- Ensure that employees receive training programs on general and specific safety and health practices necessary for radioisotope handling.
- Provide accurate inventory tracking of radioisotopes in use, in waste, and in storage.
- Provide calibration of Geiger-Mueller detectors used for contamination surveys.
- Maintains exposure records for radiation workers and provides radiation dosimeters required by the regulations.
- Maintains records on training, inspections, and surveys as required by NRC.
- Provides leak testing for all sealed sources.
- Provides radioactive waste disposal.