There are no emergencies at this time.
NOTE: The University of Hawaii at Hilo and Hawaii Community College are closely monitoring the June 27th lava flow from Kilauea. Please see their Puna Lava Flow Information page for contingency plans and more details.
In the event of an emergency, this page will provide information about the nature of the incident, how to remain safe and when status has returned to normal.
When appropriate, the university will alert faculty, staff and students via email and/or UH Alert. Information will also be provided through campus webpages and local news media.
Reporting an emergency
- Call 911
- Contact campus security or the emergency number for your campus
- Use a campus emergency phone, if available
Preparing for an emergency
- Download Handbook for Emergency Preparedness, an information guide from Hawaiian Electric Company
- Download Homeowner’s Handbook to Prepare for Natural Hazards, a UH Sea Grant College Program book
- Emergency information, from putting together a supply kit to a list of evacuation shelters, can be found on the Hawaii State Civil Defense website.