(Publications elsewhere, including Proceedings, Cooperative
Reports with other UH Depts, Journals)
- CN:0001 Cox, Doak C. 1971. “Indicators of Pollution and
Pollution Effects.” Proceedings Conference on Socio-Environmental
Indicators, Department of Planning and Economic Development, March
1971, Honolulu, Hawaii. pp. 131-142.
- CN:0002 Cox, Doak C. 1971. “Pollution of Pearl Harbor.”
Proceedings Pearl Harbor Pollution Control Enforcement Conference,
Environmental Protection Agency, September 21-23, 1971, Honolulu,
Hawaii. pp. 275-297.
- CN:0003 Cox, Doak C. 1971. “Environmental Standards.”
Technology for a Better Community, Proceedings 30th Annual
Conference of the Hawaiian Sugar Technologists, November 15-18,
1971, Honolulu, Hawaii. pp. 130-134.
- CN:0004 Cox, Doak C. 1972. “Waste Disposal - Wasteful and
Otherwise.” Proceedings Solid Waste Recycling Conference, UH
Center for Engineering Research, UH Environmental Center, State
Department of Planning and Economic Development, Hawaii
Technological Information Center, State Center for Science Policy
and Technology, January 27-28, 1972, Honolulu, Hawaii. pp. 53-61.
- CN:0005 Cox, Doak C. 1972. “Research and Development and
Hawaii’s Environment.” Proceedings Conference the Role of Research
and Development in Solving Hawaii’s Problems, Department of
Planning and Economic Development, March 1972, Honolulu, Hawaii.
- CN:0006 Cox, Doak C., .and Johnson, Jerry M. 1972.
“Environmental Impact Statements for Better Governmental Decisions
in Hawaii.” Development News, vol. 3, no. 2, April
- CN:0007 Cox, Doak C. 1972. “The Best Practicable Control of
Environmental Discharges.” Proceedings 31st Annual Meeting of the
Hawaiian Sugar Technologists, November 1972, Honolulu, Hawaii. pp.
- CN:0008 Cox, Doak C. 1973. “Summary:” Energy, the Ultimate
Environmental Problem? Environmental Conferences on the Public
Understanding of Science for Hawaii Summary Proceedings, UH Center
for Engineering Research, UH Environmental Center, National
Science Foundation, Public Understanding of Science Program, April
12-13, 1973, Honolulu, Hawaii. pp. 92-99.
- CN:0009 Miller, Jacquelin N. 1975. Ecological Studies of the
Biota of the Ala Wai Canal. Hawaii Institute of Geophysics Report
No. 75-8 and Hawaii Institute of Marine Biology Technical Report
No. 32, University of Hawaii. ____ p.
- CN:0010 Johnson, Jerry M.; Dollar, A. M.; and Cox, Doak C.
1976. Mirex Monitoring in Hawaii—A Cooperative Venture. Journal
Environmental Health, vol. 38, no. 4, January-February 1976. pp.
- CN:0011 Johnson, Jerry M.; Dollar, A. M.; Cox, Doak C. 1976.
“Mirex Monitoring in Hawaii—Monitoring Requirements.” Journal
Environmental Health, vol. 38, no. 5, March-April 1976. pp.
- CN:0012 Burhans, A. Daniel. 1976. Steady-State Economy. Center
Magazine, January 1976. pp. _____.
- CN:0013 Cox, Doak C. 1976. Book review on “Tectonophysics,”
33:211-213. Geological Hazards, by B.A. Bolt, W.L. Horn, G.A.
Macdonald, and R.F. Scott, 1975, Springer, Berlin, 1975. 328 pp.
- *CN:0014 Cox, Doak C., and Morgan, Joseph. 1977. Local
Tsunamis and Possible Local Tsunamis in Hawaii. HIG 77-14, Hawaii
Institute of Geophyscis, University of Hawaii. 118 p.
- CN:0015 Cox, Doak C.; Gerritsen, Frans; and Lee, Theodore T.
1977. Proposed Improvement of Kaimu Beach. Proceedings Fifteenth
International Conference on Coastal Engineering, American Society
of Civil Engineers, July 1976, ______________. pp. 1552-1569.
- CN:0016 Cox, Doak C. 1977. “Economic Justification of Tsunami
Research: A Specific Example Based on Reduction of False Alarms in
Hawaii.” In Proceedings, Symposium on Tsunami, International Union
of Geodsey and Geophysics, Tsunami Committee, Canada Department of
Fisheries and Environment, Marine Science Directorate, MS Report
Series 48, March 1977, Ensenada, Baja California. pp. 218-223.
- CN:0017 Burhans, A. Daniel. 1977. Ecology, the Third World,
and the Steady-State. East-West Center Journal, Impulse Magazine,
Spring 1977. pp. 45-47.
- CN:0018 Cox, Doak C. 1977. “State Legal Restraints on
Basin-Oriented Sedimentation in Pearl Harbor.” In Proceedings,
Navy Action ’77, Environmental Conference on Erosion and Tributary
Flow, Fourteenth Navy District, October 13-14, 1977, Honolulu,
Hawaii. pp. ________.
- CN:0019 Cox, Doak C. 1978. Notes on Hawaiian Sand Beach
Management. Hawaii Coastal Zone Management Program, Technical
Supplement No. 12, Pacific Urban Studies and Planning Program,
University of Hawaii. 23 pp.
- *CN:0020 Cox, Doak C. 1979. Local Tsunamis in
Hawaii-Implications for Hazard Zoning. HIG 79-5, Hawaii Institute
of Geophysics, University of Hawaii. 46 p.
- CN:0021 Burhans, Daniel A. 1979. “Modern China’s
Socio-Environmental Ethic.” The Journal of Environmental
Education, vol. 10, no. 4, Summer 1979. pp. 14-17.
- CN:0022 Ballester, A.; Miller, Jacquelin N.; and Deenyach, M..
1980. Some Pollutants Present in Marine Sediments, Animals, and
Plants in the Coastal Waters of Catalonia, Spain. Bull. Instituto
de Investigaciones Pescaras. ____ p.
- *CN:0023 Cox, Doak C. 1980. Source of the Tsunami Associated
with the Kalapana (Hawaii) Earthquake of November 1975. HIG 80-8,
Hawaii Institute of Geophysics. 46 p.
- CN:0024 Miller, Jacquelin N.; Chave, Keith E.; et al.. 1980.
“Physical, Chemical, and Biological Characteristics of Deep Water
Dredge Spoil Disposal.” Proceedings: Third International Symposium
on Dredging Technology, BHRA Fluid Engineering, March 1980,
_________. pp. 389-402.
- CN:0025 Burhans, Daniel A. 1981. “Toward a Hawaiian Conserver
Society: The Promise of a Steady-State System.” Proceedings: 1980
Humanities Conference, __________, November 1981, __________. pp.
- CN:0026 Cox, Doak C. 1981. “A Century of Water in Hawaii.”
Groundwater in Hawaii: A Century of Progress, Estate of James
Campbell and UH Water Resources Research Center,, The University
of Hawaii Press. pp. 51-79.
- CN:0027 Albrecht, William M.; Woodhouse, Caryn A.; Miller,
Jacquelin N. 1981. “Nearshore Dredge-Spoil Dumping and Cadmium,
Copper, and Zinc Levels in a Dermestid Shrimp.” Bulletin of
Environmental Contamination and Toxicology, vol. 26, no.2. pp.
- CN:0028 Drigot, Diane C. 1982. “Oil Interests and the Law of
the Sea: the Case of the Philippines.” Ocean Development and
International Law Journal, vol. 12, no 1/2. pp. 23-70.
- CN:0029 Chave, Keith E., and Miller, Jacquelin N. 1983. “Pearl
Harbor Dredged Material Disposal.” Wastes in the Ocean: Dredged
Material Disposal, John Wiley and Sons, Inc., New York, vol. II.
pp. ______. CHECK DATE?? 1981
- *CN:0030 Cox, Doak C. and Morgan, Joseph. 1984. Local Tsunamis
in Hawaii—Implications for Warning. HIG 84-4, Hawaii Institute of
Geophysics, University of Hawaii. 104 p.
- CN:0031 Cox, Doak C. 1984. “Importance of Local Contemporary
Reports of Effects of Historical Tsunamis in Tsunami Risk
Analysis.” Natural Science of Hazards Journal, vol. ____. pp.
- CN:0032 Cox, Doak C. 1984. “Probable Aleutian Source of the
Tsunami Observed in August 1872 in Hawaii, Oregon, and
California.” Science of Tsunami Hazards, The International Journal
of The Tsunami Society, vol. 2, no. 2. pp. 79-94.
- CN:0033 Hannah, Lee. 1985. Flora and Fauna Impact Assessment
of the Hawaii State Geothermal Subzone Designation. Environmental
Center and Social Science Research Center, University of Hawaii.
- CN:0034 Hannah, Lee. 1985. Thesis. Protection Policy for
Hawaii’s Native Wildlife During Geothermal Energy Development.
Environmental Center and Social Science Research Institute,
University of Hawaii. 233 p.
- CN:0035 Hannah, Lee. 1985. The Geothermal Subzone Act and
Protection of Native Wildlife in Hawaii. Environmental Center and
Social Science Research, University of Hawaii. 47 p. plus
- CN:0036 Hannah, Lee. 1985. “Assessing Native Wildlife Values
For Geothermal Energy Siting in Hawaii.” The Environmental
Profession, vol. 7. pp. 357-370.
- CN:0037 Hannah, Lee. 1986. “Protection Policy for Hawaii’s
Native Wildlife During Geothermal Energy Development.”
Environmental Management, vol. 10, no. 5. pp. 611-621.
- CN:0038 Miller, Jacquelin N. and Cox, Doak C. 1986. “Academic
Contributions to Environmental Management: The Example of the
University of Hawaii Environmental Center.” In Proceedings, Oceans
’86, Marine Technology Society, IEEE Ocean Engineering Society,
The National Geographic Society, September 23-25,1986, Washington,
D.C. pp. 1036-1039.
- CN:0039 Rappa, Peter J., and Miller, Jacquelin N. 1993. “A
Review of the Hawaii Environmental Impact Assessment Process.”
Proceedings of the 8th Symposium on Coastal and Ocean Management,
July 19-23, 1993, New Orleans, Louisiana. Coastal Zone ’93, vol.
3, American Society of Civil Engineers, 1993, New York, New York.
- CN:0040 Miller, Jacquelin N. 1994. Review of the Physical
Oceanographic Conditions Within the Designated Sanctuary. In P.J.
Rappa, et al. A Site Characterization Study for the Hawaiian
Islands Humpback Whale National Marine Sanctuary. Prepared for the
National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration by Sea Grant
College Program, Honolulu, Hawaii.
- CN:0041 Rappa, Peter J., and Miller, Jacquelin N. 1996.
Hawaii’s Readiness to Prevent and Respond to Oil Spills.
UNIHI-SEAGRANT-CR-96-02, Sea Grant College Program, University of
Hawaii. 36 p.
- CN:0042 Rappa, Peter .J., and Miller, Jacquelin N. 1996.
“State Involvement in the Management of Oil Spill Prevention and
Response.” Proceedings of the National Association of
Environmental Professionals, June 2-6, 1996, Houston, Texas. pp.
- CN:0043 Miller, Jacquelin N., et al. 1997. Inventory of Hawaii
Greenhouse Gas Emissions. Estimates for 1990. Department of
Business, Economic Development, and Tourism; Department of Health.
pp. 6-1 to 6-4.