(Publications elsewhere, including Proceedings, Cooperative Reports with other UH Depts, Journals)
- CN:0060 Cox, L. and Cusick, J. 2011. Sustainable Tourism in Hawai‘i. Chirico, J. and G. Farley eds. Sustainable Living Institute of Maui. (in preparation)
- CN:0059 Cusick, J. 2011. Teaching Ecotourism in the Backyard of Waikiki, Oahu. In: Bartels, K. ed. Teaching Sustainability/Teaching Sustainably. Stylus Publishing, VI.
- CN:0058 Cusick, J. 2011. Managing environmental diversity for sustainable human communities: Lessons from East Maui, Hawai‘i. In: Niles, D. and G. Baldacchino eds. Island Futures: Conservation and Development Across the Asia-Pacific Region. Springer, UK.
- CN:0057 Cusick, J. 2011. “Hawai‘i.” Global Reference on the Environment, Energy, and Natural Resources (GREENR). http://www.gale.cengage.com/greenr/.
- CN:0056 Cusick, J. 2010. Celebrating their watershed: A stormwater education project on Oahu, Hawai‘i. Journal of Sustainability Education Vol 1: May.
- CN:0055 Cusick, J., C. Monroe, S. MacLeod and N. Barker. 2010. Sustainability education and public diplomacy: A case study of the US Institute on the Environment. Environmental Practice 12:8-17.
- CN:0054 Cusick, J. 2010. Protected Areas as Contemporary Cultural Contact Zones: A Case Study of East Maui, Hawai‘i. In: Okinawa-Hawai‘i – Islands as Contact Zone. Tokyo: Sairyusha. (book chapter translated into Japanese).
- CN:0053 Cusick, J., B. McClure and L. Cox. 2010. Representations of ecotourism in the Hawaiian Islands: A content analysis of local media. Journal of Ecotourism 9(1):21-35.
- CN:0052 Cusick, J. 2009. At the intersection of resident, research and recreation stakeholder interests: East Maui, Hawai‘i as a sustainable tourism destination. Islands Studies Journal 4(2).
- CN:0051 Cusick, J. 2009. Study abroad in support of education for sustainability: a New Zealand case study. Environment, Development and Sustainability 11(4):801-813.
- CN:0050 Richins, H. and J. Cusick. 2009. Integrating political, technological and change management forces in achieving sustainable tourism success in the Hawaiian Islands. Microsoft Environment.
- CN:0049 Cox, L., M. Saucier, J. Cusick, H. Richins and B. McClure. 2008. Achieving sustainable tourism in Hawai‘i using a sustainability evaluation system. College of Tropical Agriculture and Human Resources, Resource Management No 17. Honolulu, Hawai‘i. 6pp.
- CN:0048 Cusick, J. 2008. Operationalizing Sustainability Education at the University of Hawai‘i at Manoa. International Journal of Sustainability in Higher Education 9(3):246-256.
- CN:0047 Cusick, J. 2007. Stormwater Education on U.S. Army Installations on Oahu Final Report. 40pp.
- CN:0046 Cusick, J. 2007. Lessons from Kipahulu District, Haleakala National Park. Mountain Forum Bulletin 7(1):17-19.
- CN:0045 Cusick, J. Report on the University of Georgia Study Abroad Program to New Zealand Maymester 2006. Honolulu: University of Hawai‘i at Manoa Environmental Center. 9pp.
- CN:0044 Cox, L. and Cusick, J. 2006. What is Sustainable Development? College of Tropical Agriculture and Human Resources, Resource Management No 14. Honolulu, Hawai‘i. 4pp.
- CN:0043 Miller, Jacquelin N., et al. 1997. Inventory of Hawaii Greenhouse Gas Emissions. Estimates for 1990. Department of Business, Economic Development, and Tourism; Department of Health. pp. 6-1 to 6-4.
- CN:0042 Rappa, Peter .J., and Miller, Jacquelin N. 1996. "State Involvement in the Management of Oil Spill Prevention and Response." Proceedings of the National Association of Environmental Professionals, June 2-6, 1996, Houston, Texas. pp.
- CN:0041 Rappa, Peter J., and Miller, Jacquelin N. 1996. Hawaii's Readiness to Prevent and Respond to Oil Spills. UNIHI-SEAGRANT-CR-96-02, Sea Grant College Program, University of Hawaii. 36 p.
- CN:0040 Miller, Jacquelin N. 1994. Review of the Physical Oceanographic Conditions Within the Designated Sanctuary. In P.J. Rappa, et al. A Site Characterization Study for the Hawaiian Islands Humpback Whale National Marine Sanctuary. Prepared for the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration by Sea Grant College Program, Honolulu, Hawaii.
- CN:0039 Rappa, Peter J., and Miller, Jacquelin N. 1993. "A Review of the Hawaii Environmental Impact Assessment Process." Proceedings of the 8th Symposium on Coastal and Ocean Management, July 19-23, 1993, New Orleans, Louisiana. Coastal Zone '93, vol. 3, American Society of Civil Engineers, 1993, New York, New York. pp. 3153-3167.
- CN:0038 Miller, Jacquelin N. and Cox, Doak C. 1986. "Academic Contributions to Environmental Management: The Example of the University of Hawaii Environmental Center." In Proceedings, Oceans '86, Marine Technology Society, IEEE Ocean Engineering Society, The National Geographic Society, September 23-25,1986, Washington, D.C. pp. 1036-1039. Formerly CN:0031
- CN:0037 Hannah, Lee. 1986. "Protection Policy for Hawaii's Native Wildlife During Geothermal Energy Development." Environmental Management, vol. 10, no. 5. pp. 611-621. Formerly CN:0033
- CN:0036 Hannah, Lee. 1985. "Assessing Native Wildlife Values For Geothermal Energy Siting in Hawaii." The Environmental Profession, vol. 7. pp. 357-370. Formerly CN:0032
- CN:0035 Hannah, Lee. 1985. The Geothermal Subzone Act and Protection of Native Wildlife in Hawaii. Environmental Center and Social Science Research, University of Hawaii. 47 p. plus appendicies. Formerly CN:0035
- CN:0034 Hannah, Lee. 1985. Thesis. Protection Policy for Hawaii's Native Wildlife During Geothermal Energy Development. Environmental Center and Social Science Research Institute, University of Hawaii. 233 p. Formerly CN:0034
- CN:0033 Hannah, Lee. 1985. Flora and Fauna Impact Assessment of the Hawaii State Geothermal Subzone Designation. Environmental Center and Social Science Research Center, University of Hawaii. 81+ pp. Formerly CN:0036
- CN:0032 Cox, Doak C. 1984. "Probable Aleutian Source of the Tsunami Observed in August 1872 in Hawaii, Oregon, and California." Science of Tsunami Hazards, The International Journal of The Tsunami Society, vol. 2, no. 2. pp. 79-94. Formerly CN:0029
- CN:0031 Cox, Doak C. 1984. "Importance of Local Contemporary Reports of Effects of Historical Tsunamis in Tsunami Risk Analysis." Natural Science of Hazards Journal, vol. ____. pp. _____. Formerly CN:0028
- *CN:0030 Cox, Doak C. and Morgan, Joseph. 1984. Local Tsunamis in Hawaii-Implications for Warning. HIG 84-4, Hawaii Institute of Geophysics, University of Hawaii. 104 p.
- CN:0029 Chave, Keith E., and Miller, Jacquelin N. 1983. "Pearl Harbor Dredged Material Disposal." Wastes in the Ocean: Dredged Material Disposal, John Wiley and Sons, Inc., New York, vol. II. pp. CHECK DATE?? 1981 Formerly CN:0025
- CN:0028 Drigot, Diane C. 1982. "Oil Interests and the Law of the Sea: the Case of the Philippines." Ocean Development and International Law Journal, vol. 12, no 1/2. pp. 23-70. Formerly CN:0026
- CN:0027 Albrecht, William M.; Woodhouse, Caryn A.; Miller, Jacquelin N. 1981. "Nearshore Dredge-Spoil Dumping and Cadmium, Copper, and Zinc Levels in a Dermestid Shrimp." Bulletin of Environmental Contamination and Toxicology, vol. 26, no.2. pp. 219-223. Formerly CN:0027
- CN:0026 Cox, Doak C. 1981. "A Century of Water in Hawaii." Groundwater in Hawaii: A Century of Progress, Estate of James Campbell and UH Water Resources Research Center,, The University of Hawaii Press. pp. 51-79. Formerly CN:0022
- CN:0025 Burhans, Daniel A. 1981. "Toward a Hawaiian Conserver Society: The Promise of a Steady-State System." Proceedings: 1980 Humanities Conference, __________, November 1981, __________. pp. 126-130. Formerly CN:0019
- CN:0024 Miller, Jacquelin N.; Chave, Keith E.; et al.. 1980. "Physical, Chemical, and Biological Characteristics of Deep Water Dredge Spoil Disposal." Proceedings: Third International Symposium on Dredging Technology, BHRA Fluid Engineering, March 1980, _________. pp. 389-402. Formerly CN:0024
- *CN:0023 Cox, Doak C. 1980. Source of the Tsunami Associated with the Kalapana (Hawaii) Earthquake of November 1975. HIG 80-8, Hawaii Institute of Geophysics. 46 p.
- CN:0022 Ballester, A.; Miller, Jacquelin N.; and Deenyach, M.. 1980. Some Pollutants Present in Marine Sediments, Animals, and Plants in the Coastal Waters of Catalonia, Spain. Bull. Instituto de Investigaciones Pescaras. ____ p.
- CN:0021 Burhans, Daniel A. 1979. "Modern China's Socio-Environmental Ethic." The Journal of Environmental Education, vol. 10, no. 4, Summer 1979. pp. 14-17. Formerly CN:0021
- *CN:0020 Cox, Doak C. 1979. Local Tsunamis in Hawaii-Implications for Hazard Zoning. HIG 79-5, Hawaii Institute of Geophysics, University of Hawaii. 46 p.
- CN:0019 Cox, Doak C. 1978. Notes on Hawaiian Sand Beach Management. Hawaii Coastal Zone Management Program, Technical Supplement No. 12, Pacific Urban Studies and Planning Program, University of Hawaii. 23 pp. Formerly CN:0011
- CN:0018 Cox, Doak C. 1977. "State Legal Restraints on Basin-Oriented Sedimentation in Pearl Harbor." In Proceedings, Navy Action '77, Environmental Conference on Erosion and Tributary Flow, Fourteenth Navy District, October 13-14, 1977, Honolulu, Hawaii. pp. ________.
- CN:0017 Burhans, A. Daniel. 1977. Ecology, the Third World, and the Steady-State. East-West Center Journal, Impulse Magazine, Spring 1977. pp. 45-47. Formerly CN:0013A
- CN:0016 Cox, Doak C. 1977. "Economic Justification of Tsunami Research: A Specific Example Based on Reduction of False Alarms in Hawaii." In Proceedings, Symposium on Tsunami, International Union of Geodsey and Geophysics, Tsunami Committee, Canada Department of Fisheries and Environment, Marine Science Directorate, MS Report Series 48, March 1977, Ensenada, Baja California. pp. 218-223.
- CN:0015 Cox, Doak C.; Gerritsen, Frans; and Lee, Theodore T. 1977. Proposed Improvement of Kaimu Beach. Proceedings Fifteenth International Conference on Coastal Engineering, American Society of Civil Engineers, July 1976, pp. 1552-1569. Formerly CN:0012
- *CN:0014 Cox, Doak C., and Morgan, Joseph. 1977. Local Tsunamis and Possible Local Tsunamis in Hawaii. HIG 77-14, Hawaii Institute of Geophyscis, University of Hawaii. 118 p.
- CN:0013 Cox, Doak C. 1976. Book review on "Tectonophysics," 33:211-213. Geological Hazards, by B.A. Bolt, W.L. Horn, G.A. Macdonald, and R.F. Scott, 1975, Springer, Berlin, 1975. 328 pp. Formerly CN:0013
- Formerly CN:0010 CN:0012 Burhans, A. Daniel. 1976. Steady-State Economy. Center Magazine, January 1976. pp. _____. Formerly CN:0015
- CN:0011 Johnson, Jerry M.; Dollar, A. M.; Cox, Doak C. 1976. "Mirex Monitoring in Hawaii-Monitoring Requirements." Journal Environmental Health, vol. 38, no. 5, March-April 1976. pp. 343-344.
- CN:0010 Johnson, Jerry M.; Dollar, A. M.; and Cox, Doak C. 1976. Mirex Monitoring in Hawaii-A Cooperative Venture. Journal Environmental Health, vol. 38, no. 4, January-February 1976. pp. 254-258. Formerly CN:0009
- CN:0009 Miller, Jacquelin N. 1975. Ecological Studies of the Biota of the Ala Wai Canal. Hawaii Institute of Geophysics Report No. 75-8 and Hawaii Institute of Marine Biology Technical Report No. 32, University of Hawaii. ____ p.
- CN:0008 Cox, Doak C. 1973. "Summary:" Energy, the Ultimate Environmental Problem? Environmental Conferences on the Public Understanding of Science for Hawaii Summary Proceedings, UH Center for Engineering Research, UH Environmental Center, National Science Foundation, Public Understanding of Science Program, April 12-13, 1973, Honolulu, Hawaii. pp. 92-99.
- CN:0007 Cox, Doak C. 1972. "The Best Practicable Control of Environmental Discharges." Proceedings 31st Annual Meeting of the Hawaiian Sugar Technologists, November 1972, Honolulu, Hawaii. pp. 58-74.
- CN:0006 Cox, Doak C., .and Johnson, Jerry M. 1972. "Environmental Impact Statements for Better Governmental Decisions in Hawaii." Development News, vol. 3, no. 2, April
- CN:0005 Cox, Doak C. 1972. "Research and Development and Hawaii's Environment." Proceedings Conference the Role of Research and Development in Solving Hawaii's Problems, Department of Planning and Economic Development, March 1972, Honolulu, Hawaii. pp. 27-31.
- CN:0004 Cox, Doak C. 1972. "Waste Disposal - Wasteful and Otherwise." Proceedings Solid Waste Recycling Conference, UH Center for Engineering Research, UH Environmental Center, State Department of Planning and Economic Development, Hawaii Technological Information Center, State Center for Science Policy and Technology, January 27-28, 1972, Honolulu, Hawaii. pp. 53-61.
- CN:0003 Cox, Doak C. 1971. "Environmental Standards." Technology for a Better Community, Proceedings 30th Annual Conference of the Hawaiian Sugar Technologists, November 15-18, 1971, Honolulu, Hawaii. pp. 130-134.
- CN:0002 Cox, Doak C. 1971. "Pollution of Pearl Harbor." Proceedings Pearl Harbor Pollution Control Enforcement Conference, Environmental Protection Agency, September 21-23, 1971, Honolulu, Hawaii. pp. 275-297.
- CN:0001 Cox, Doak C. 1971. "Indicators of Pollution and Pollution Effects." Proceedings Conference on Socio-Environmental Indicators, Department of Planning and Economic Development, March 1971, Honolulu, Hawaii. pp. 131-142.
University of Hawaii |