- Postdoctoral Researcher Institute of Geophysics and Planetology (HIGP)
I am a geologist and a geophysicist using and developing field-based methods applied to Volcanology and underground fluid flow. I have developed multidisciplinary strategies to highlight the internal structure of volcanoes and the role of preexisting structural and lithological limits on underground hydrothermal and meteoric fluid flows. In the past 9 years, while continuing to study stratovolcanoes and volcanic islands, I also focused on monogenetic volcanism and led projects that allowed to unveil their internal structure and mechanisms affecting their eruptive dynamics through magma-water interaction. In the framework of ‘Ike Wai, my objective is to characterize and model hydrogeological flows in the Hawaiian Islands.
- 02 Jan 2019 – present: ‘Ike Wai Postdoctoral Researcher (for 3 years, full time) at the University of Hawaii at Manoa (USA). Geophysics/hydrogeophysics within a multi-disciplinary project to generate data and new models to address the challenge of water sustainability.
- 01 Jan 2017 – 30 June 2017: fixed-term Lecturer (6 month, full time) at Université Clermont Auvergne – Laboratoire Magmas et Volcans (France).
- 06 Feb 2014 – 31 March 2015: Research Associate (14 months full time) at Institute of Earth Sciences Jaume Almera (CSIC Barcelona). Relationship between magmatism and salt tectonics in the Moroccan High Atlas (Zauiat Ahançal, Imilchil). Geological characterization, preliminary petrological/geochemical study, and dating.
- 16 May 2010 – 15 May 2013: Postdoctoral Researcher (3 years full time) at Institute of Earth Sciences Jaume Almera (Group of Volcanology of Barcelona – CSIC Barcelona). Structure, hydrogeology, and hydrothermal circulations of volcanic islands and monogenetic fields with geophysical and pluridisciplinary surveys.
- 01 Jan 2008 – 31 Dec 2009: Postdoctoral Researcher (2 years full time) at Laboratory of Experimental Geophysics (Università Degli Studi Di Firenze, Italy) and INGV Rome. Study of the structure and underground fluid circulations at Vulcano and Stromboli (Aeolian Islands).
- End of 2007: Postdoctoral stay (4 months full time) at Laboratoire Géosciences Réunion (Réunion Island, France). Collaboration to the conception and installation of an experimental hydrothermal activity monitoring system on the Piton de la Fournaise volcano (Reunion Island, France).
- 2004 – 2007: PhD in Earth Sciences, 3 years at Laboratoire Magmas et Volcans – Université Blaise Pascal, Clermont-Ferrand II (France) supervised by Pr. Olivier Merle.
- 2002 – 2004 DEA (M.Sc.) Magmatic and Metamorphic Processes, Volcanology, Laboratoire Magmas et Volcans – Université Blaise Pascal, Clermont-Ferrand II (France).
- 1999 – 2002 Licence and DEUG in Earth Sciences (B. Sc.), Université Blaise Pascal, C.-Ferrand II (France) and Université Claude Bernard, Lyon I (France).