Summer 2017 Financial Aid Information
The deadline for the University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa Financial Aid Services online application has passed.
The deadline for the University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa Financial Aid Services online application is April 17, 2017.
University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa Financial Aid Services will accept online summer financial aid applications until April 17, 2017. NO SUMMER APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER April 17, 2017.
- You must be registered for Summer 2017 at UH-Mānoa for Financial Aid Services to review your online application. If you are not registered at the time of review, please inform Financial Aid Services in writing when you are registered. Your application will be reviewed on or after July 10, 2017.
- If there are any changes to your registration/financial aid, your aid will be disbursed on or after July 10, 2017.
- Any increase adjustments will be made on or after July 10, 2017.
- For Summer 2017, if you are awarded, our office will evaluate your enrollment status for financial aid purposes on July 10, 2017. Before July 10, 2017, your awards may fluctuate depending on the number of credit hours you are registered. Dropping credits after your aid has been disbursed may result in a balance owing to the Cashier's Office. From July 10, 2017, your aid will be based on your enrollment as of that date and will no longer fluctuate when enrollment changes occur. If your enrollment decreases after July 10, 2017, (i.e., withdrawal from a course), you may jeopardize your continuing financial aid eligibility due to not meeting satisfactory academic progress. If your enrollment increases after July 10, 2017, no adjustments will be made to your aid. This does not pertain to students who completely or unofficially withdraw from school or if you are not charged for your courses that you drop.
- To receive loans, you must be at least half-time enrolled at UH-Mānoa, 6 credits for undergraduate students and 4 credits for graduate students.
- For undergraduate students, you may only repeat a passed course one time.
- The deadline to submit a summer request by writing or email is July 10, 2017. No requests will be accepted after this date.
- Your award is based on 6 credits Undergraduate or 5 credits Graduate tuition costs. If your actual tuition is higher, you may submit a request in writing/email to have your loan increased. Please specifically state the name of loan and specific dollar amount requested (or write "maximum" for amount). For example: Please increase my Summer Unsubsidized loan to the maximum for my X credits. Your award may or may not be increased depending on your available eligibility.
- Summer Study Abroad/Manoa International Exchange Students:
Your financial aid disbursement may be different if your abroad program class start date differs from the UH-Mānoa Summer Session dates. Your UH-Mānoa credit enrollment must match the credit enrollment as stated in your abroad program budget sheet.
Please refer to the separate sheet "UH-Mānoa Summer 2017 Financial Aid Information for Study Abroad/International Exchange Programs" provided by the abroad office for more information pertaining to Summer enrollment in an abroad program.
Heading Level 3
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR SUMMER FINANCIAL AID, YOU WILL NEED TO MEET THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS:
- Be degree-seeking at University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa Day school and be enrolled in UHM courses only. Community College courses WILL NOT be funded.
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress based on UHM Financial Aid Services academic policies.
- You will need to be enrolled and attending your course(s) at UH-Mānoa before financial aid can be disbursed. To receive loans, you must be attending at least half time during summer (6 credits for undergraduate students; 4 credits for graduate students).
- Graduate students enrolled in undergraduate course(s) are not able to receive financial aid for the undergraduate course(s).
- Completed the 2016-2017 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and met all eligibility requirements.
- Complete the UH-Mānoa Online Summer Financial Aid application.
LIMITED TYPES OF AID THAT MAY BE AWARDED:
- FEDERAL PELL GRANTS are available to qualified undergraduate students who did not utilize their full PELL Grant eligibility during the standard academic year (Fall/Spring 2016-2017).
- NEED-BASED SCHOLARSHIPS are available to students who apply for summer aid. Funding is limited.
- The FEDERAL DIRECT LOAN PROGRAM (FEDERAL SUBSIDIZED/UNSUBSIDIZED STAFFORD, PARENT LOAN (PLUS), and GRADUATE PLUS LOAN) is available for borrowers enrolled at least half time. If you drop below half time, your financial aid may be cancelled and you will be required to repay all your aid. Eligibility for the Summer term(s) will be determined by subtracting any amount received during the standard academic year (Fall/Spring 2016-2017) from the annual loan limits. The Stafford loan will arrive in one disbursement.
- The following are estimated dates that your financial aid will be disbursed through the Cashier's Office. Please remember that it can take up to 14 business days for you to receive your refund check. For loans, your financial aid will be disbursed upon confirmation of your attendance in 6 credit hours for undergraduate students; 4 credit hours for graduate students. Please be prepared to pay for expenses prior to disbursement. For option of eRefund (direct deposit), please check MyUH Services.
|Summer Session I
|Summer Session II
|Summer Session I and II
|May 15, 2017 (estimated)||July 6, 2017 (estimated)||July 6, 2017 (estimated)|
NOTE: Summer awards will be based on average costs for the period of enrollment. Any changes to your registration may affect and delay your financial aid. IF YOU DO NOT COMPLETE THE COURSES UPON WHICH YOUR SUMMER AID IS BASED, YOU MAY BE REQUIRED TO REPAY ANY AID YOU RECEIVE.