Summer 2014 Financial Aid Information
The deadline for the University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa Financial Aid Services online application has passed.
University of Hawaii at Manoa Financial Aid Services will accept online summer financial aid applications until April 17, 2014. NO SUMMER APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER APRIL 17, 2014. THERE WILL BE NO EXCEPTIONS.
PLEASE NOTE: REGULATIONS FOR THE FEDERAL PELL GRANTS FOR SUMMER HAVE CHANGED. Pell grants are available only for students who did not receive their full-time award for Fall/Spring 2013-2014.
- You must be registered for Summer 2014 for Financial Aid Services to review your online application. If you are not registered at the time of review, please inform Financial Aid Services in writing when you are registered. Your application will be reviewed on or after July 7, 2014.
- If there are any changes to your registration/financial aid, your aid will be disbursed on or after July 7, 2014.
- Any increase adjustments will be made on or after July 8, 2014.
- For Summer 2014, if you are awarded, our office will evaluate your enrollment status for financial aid purposes on July 7, 2014. Before July 7, 2014, your awards may fluctuate depending on the number of credit hours you are registered. Dropping credits after your aid has been disbursed may result in a balance owing to the Cashier's Office. July 7, 2014, your aid will be based on your enrollment as of that date and will no longer fluctuate when enrollment changes occur. If your enrollment decreases after July 7, 2014, (i.e., withdrawal from a course), you may jeopardize your continuing financial aid eligibility, due to not meeting satisfactory academic progress. If your enrollment increases after July 7, 2014, no adjustments will be made to your aid. This does not pertain to students who completely or unofficially withdraw from school or if you are not charged for your courses that you drop.
- To receive loans, you must be at least half-time enrolled, 6 credits for undergraduate students and 4 credits for graduate students.
- For undergraduate students, you may only repeat a passed course one time.
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR SUMMER FINANCIAL AID, YOU WILL NEED TO MEET THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS:
- Be degree-seeking at University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa Day school and be enrolled in UHM courses only. Community College courses WILL NOT be funded.
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress based on UHM Financial Aid Services academic policies.
- For financial aid to be disbursed, you will need to be enrolled and attending your course(s). For loans to be disbursed you must be attending at least half time during summer (6 credits for undergraduate students; 4 credits for graduate students). Graduate students enrolled in undergraduate course(s) are not able to receive financial aid for the undergraduate course(s). If you are registering for summer extension courses, please check to see which session these courses fall under in order to assure your half-time enrollment.
- Completed the 2013-2014 FAFSA and met all eligibility requirements.
- Complete the Online Summer Financial Aid Application.
LIMITED TYPES OF AID THAT MAY BE AWARDED:
- FEDERAL PELL GRANTS are available to qualified undergraduate students who did not utilize their full Pell Grant eligibility during the standard academic year (Fall/Spring 2013-2014).
- NEED-BASED SCHOLARSHIPS are available to students who apply for summer aid. Funding is limited.
- The FEDERAL DIRECT LOAN PROGRAM (FEDERAL SUBSIDIZED/UNSUBSIDIZED STAFFORD, PARENT LOAN (PLUS), and GRADUATE PLUS LOAN) is available for borrowers enrolled at least half time. If you drop below half time your financial aid may be cancelled and you will be required to repay all your aid. Eligibility for the Summer term(s) will be determined by subtracting any amount received during the standard academic year (Fall/Spring 2013-2014) from the annual loan limits. The Stafford loan will arrive in one disbursement.
- These are estimated dates that your financial aid will be disbursed through the Cashier's Office. Please remember that it can take up to 14 business days for you to receive your refund check. For loans, your financial aid will be disbursed upon confirmation of your attendance in 6 credit hours for undergraduate students; 4 credit hours for graduate students. Please be prepared to pay for expenses prior to disbursement. For option of eRefund (direct deposit), please check your MyUH portal homepage.
|Summer Session I
|Summer Session II
|Summer Sessiion I and II
|May 19, 2014 (estimated)||July 7, 2014 (estimated)||July 7, 2014 (estimated)|
NOTE: Summer awards will be based on average costs for the period of enrollment. Any changes to your registration may affect and delay your financial aid. IF YOU DO NOT COMPLETE THE COURSES UPON WHICH YOUR SUMMER AID IS BASED, YOU MAY BE REQUIRED TO REPAY ANY AID YOU RECEIVE.