Financial Aid Disbursement Procedures
Financial Aid Services is able to disburse funds after you've accepted your awards and completed all necessary requirements (please check your MyUH Portal). The Cashier's Office will apply your financial aid towards your University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa Tuition, Fees and Student Housing charges 10 days prior to the start of the semester if you are enrolled in the proper number of credits (see Registration). All refunds will be mailed to you or directly deposited into your bank account if you have signed up for E-Refunds on your MyUH Portal account.
* If you made a payment by credit card, the account originally charged will be credited for the amount of refund due to you.
* If you made a payment by cash or check, any residual financial aid monies will be mailed or deposited into your bank account in approximately two weeks from the disbursement of your financial aid. Please update your mailing address through your MyUH Portal or at Admissions and Records QLCSS 001. Failure to update your mailing address may delay the delivery of your refund check.
* For recipients of the Perkins, SHEL, Subsidized, Unsubsidized, and Grad PLUS loans, an Entrance Interview and a Promissory Note must be completed before your loan is processed.
* If you will be receiving a scholarship check from an outside donor (e.g. Hawaii Community Foundation/Harriet Bouslog/Unity House) and the scholarship is made payable to the University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa only, your scholarship will be applied towards your University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa Tuition, Fees and Student Housing charges and all residual amounts will be refunded to you.
* If your scholarship check is a co-payable check made out to you and the University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa, you must endorse the scholarship at the Cashier's Office and apply it towards your University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa Tuition, Fees and Student Housing charges or if your tuition and fees have already been paid, the Cashier's Office will refund all residual amounts to you.
**Please note: Award offers for financial aid are valid for 30 days. Your financial aid award will be based on full time enrollment at the University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa (12 credits for undergraduates, 8 credits for graduates, 12 or more credits for professional students). Your financial aid disbursement will be pro-rated based on your enrollment. If you are not or will not be enrolled as a full time student, you will need to complete the Financial Aid Enrollment Form for each term and submit it to Financial Aid Services by the deadline on the form.