Paying for your Education

Scholarship Opportunities

  • Regents Scholarship
  • Presidential Scholarship
  • UH Foundation Scholarships
  • Native Hawaiian Scholarship ’Aha
  • Office of Student Affairs
    2444 Dole St.
    Bachman Annex 9, Room 5
    Honolulu, HI 96822

    tel (808)956-8753

    Federal Financial Aid Programs

    The Federal government has a myriad of grants, scholarships and loans (i.e. Pell Grants, Work Study, Perkins Loan, etc.) available to qualified students who have financial need.


    Students should fill out the FAFSA to be considered for any of these financial opportunities.

    Male citizens of the U.S. and male immigrant aliens 18 through 25 years old must be registered with the U.S. Selective Service System to be eligible for federal student loans and grants. Men can register at any post office, or register on–line at

    These programs are awarded exclusively by the financial aid office at the individual UH campuses. Check with the financial aid office where you plan to attend for more information on availability of funds, eligibility, deadlines and required forms.

    Federal Scholarships and Grants

    For information about the opportunities listed here, please visit the Federal Student Aid website.

    • Federal Pell Grant
    • Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant
    • Teacher Education Assistance for College and Higher Education (TEACH) Grant

    Federal Work Study

    Under the Federal Work Study Program, you can work part-time to earn money for your education.

    The FWS Program provides part-time employment while you are enrolled in school, helps pay your educational expenses, is available to undergraduate and graduate students, available to full-time or part-time students, administered by schools participating in the FWS Program and encourages community service work and work related to your course of study, whenever possible.