Skip to main content | Skip to main navigation


E-3 Australian Specialty Occupation Workers

The E-3 nonimmigrant classification is for Australian citizens who will be temporarily employed in the U.S. in specialty occupations. UH is not required to submit a petition to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) for a prospective employee who will enter the U.S. from abroad in E-3 status. However, FSIS must obtain a certified Labor Condition Application (LCA) from the U.S. Department of Labor before he/she can apply for an E-3 entry visa at a U.S. embassy/consulate.

UH can file E-3 petitions with USCIS for changes of status, changes of employer, concurrent employment, extensions, and amendments. Only employers can file E-3 petitions with USCIS; individuals may not self-file E-3 petitions.

Sponsoring E-3 Employment

E-3D Dependents

Maintaining E-3 Compliance

Ending E-3 Employment


E-3 forms & templates