- Art 130 Introduction to Glass (3)
Basic techniques of working with cold and
molten glass. Theory of glass studio operation and introduction to glass theory.
- Art 230 Glass Casting: Sand & Metal Molds (3)
Expressive explorations in glass casting
with wet sand, bonded sand and metal molds. Repeatable once. Pre: 130 and 116 (or
concurrent); or consent.
- Art 234 Cold Glass Fabrication (3)
Expressive explorations using
architectural sheet glass. Development of 2D and 3D forms using engraving, sandblasting
and cold joinery techniques. Pre: 113 (or concurrent), 116 (or concurrent) and 130 or
- Art 303 Kiln-Formed Glass (3)
Expressive explorations in the use of
kiln-formed, fusible sheet glasses and enameling on glass. Pre: 234 or consent. (Fall
- Art 306 Lost Wax Glass Casting (3)
- Glass kiln-casting techniques, lost-wax fuse casting, pāte
de verre. Repeatable once. Pre: 230, 254, and 356 (or concurrent); or consent.
- Art 330 Advanced Glass (3)
- Glass as an expressive medium. Individual problems,
construction of studio equipment. Readings and discussions of contemporary glass issues.
Repeatable once. Pre: 230, 254 and 356; or consent.
- Art 430 Advanced Glass II (3)
- Advanced study in glass leading to the development,
installation and documentation of individual projects. Pre: 330 or consent.