The Hawaii Center for AIDS (HICFA), formally known as the Hawaii AIDS Clinical Research Program (HACRP), includes the Hawaii AIDS Clinical Trial Unit (HACTU), several specialized laboratories, an HIV clinic, and international collaborations.
- Conduct clinical and translational research to evaluate optimal therapies for HIV infection and AIDS-associated complications
- Conduct basic science research to increase our understanding of HIV and its complications
- Provide access to clinical trials for the HIV populations in Hawaii
- Facilitate the transfer or research findings to clinical care to improve the quality of life for people living with HIV
- Provide a forum for HIV education for medical students, residents, graduate students, domestic and international community care providers
- Care of HIV-infected patients through the Clint Spencer Clinic
Please call us at the number listed below or email us if you have any questions, or if you are interested in joining one of our trials.
- Tel# (808) 692-1310
- Email: HICFA@hawaii.edu