UH campus and system teams were asked to identify large scale/high impact strategies, develop tactics necessary to implement the strategies, and prioritize next steps. Teams are currently moving forward on implementing their plans.
- Considering the implementation of Statway (working with other CCs).
- Math redesign project is showing results of 71-73% of students completing first college-level math courses with a C or better. Offering more sections of MATH 103, 135 and 140. Also, now have enough demand to offer their first calculus course specifically for Maui students this semester.
- Summer developmental math project showing higher completion rates.
- Students with a B or better in their high school algebra course have a 90% success rate in college level math, regardless of COMPASS placement score.
- Launched a cohort project – Degree in Three. Targets part-time students in the liberal arts.
- Working on reverse credit transfer (about 100 students), but working on how other campuses are able to meet Maui’s unique HI emphasis requirement.
- Started a new Student Success Committee.
- Student Services launched a new FYE program and is the top priority for the division.
- Participated in the Preregistration Checklist pilot and initial responses show interesting data. Will be requesting some changes to the fields/values based on results and determining how to best use the data.
- Focusing on better defining who their students are (especially pre-majors and students waiting to get into a program).
- Focused on aligning learning outcomes with the campus’ mission.
- Exploring the use of high school GPA and grade for Algebra II class for automatic math placement (instead of using COMPASS).
||Summit II, Oct. 2012 (.pdf)