UH campus and system teams were asked to identify large scale/high impact strategies, develop tactics necessary to implement the strategies, and prioritize next steps. Teams are currently moving forward on implementing their plans.
- Faculty Senate exploring a policy on withdrawing students that do not attend classes during the first week.
- Two year course schedule created for Liberal Arts; looking to expand to other areas.
- Exploring the use of high school GPA and grade for Algebra II class for automatic math placement (instead of using COMPASS).
- Providing scholarships/stipends (achievement grants) to students who continue, sign-up for the FYE program and take at least 15 credits.
- Reviewing possible changes to some prerequisites to become co-requisites to help students matriculate quicker.
- Working on creation of a hybrid evening program.
||Hosted a well attended college conversation introducing the campus action plan to faculty and staff in January 2013. Attendees split into breakout groups and discussed the implementation of each strategy.
||Summit II, Oct. 2012 (.pdf)