CALL FOR PROPOSALS
41st Annual Conference of the Hawai‘i Educational Research Association
Saturday, January 26, 2019
University of Hawai‘i at Manoa Campus Center
Curriculum Research & Development Group, UH-Manoa College of Education
Submission deadline: Wednesday, October 17, 2018
4:00 p.m., Hawaii Standard Time
The Hawai'i Educational Research Association (HERA) provides a forum for sharing issues, insights, and research findings with educational researchers, administrators, teachers, and others who want to improve educational practice. Through its annual conference, publications, and periodic forums, HERA is a source of information for concerned educators in Hawai'i. HERA also sponsors the Pacific Educational Research Journal, a refereed journal published annually.
HERA is soliciting presentation and symposium proposals for presentation at its 41st Annual Conference to be held on Saturday January 26, 2019.
Session: approximately 25-minute presentation of completed research; one of two papers in a 50-minute session
Symposium: 50-minute session on a particular topic or theme involving prepared remarks, debate, and/or discussion by three or more presenters
Poster: A 45-minute general poster session
Submit a 400-700 word summary of your presentation or symposium.
Submit a 200-400 word summary of your poster.
Remove all identifiable information from the proposal.
Include as many of the following as are applicable:
The deadline for proposals is Wednesday, October 17, 2018 at 4 p.m. Hawai‘i Standard Time.
- objectives or purposes,
- perspective(s) or theoretical framework,
- methods, techniques, or modes of inquiry
- data sources or evidence,
- results and/or conclusions/point of view, and
- educational or scientific importance of study
The proposals for the conference are blind, peer reviewed. Average number of submissions in the last five years is 42. Average acceptance rate in the last five years is 85%. A call for reviewers is sent out to the HERA membership each year. Reviewers are selected based on their expertise and assigned proposals that are in their area of interest and expertise. Proposals are sent to three peer reviewers without any author information. Peer reviewers make one of four determinations.
- Accept, with or without revisions
- Type Change Accept, with a change to a different type of presentation (symposium, session, poster)
- Conditional Accept, invite the presenters to revise their description to address specific concerns before a final decision is reached
- Reject, typically on grounds of lack of connection to education in Hawai‘i and/or the Pacific, insufficient educational or scientific importance, or major perspective/theoretical framework and interpretational problems
SUBMIT A PROPOSAL
1998 - 1999 - 2000 - 2001 - 2006 - 2007 - 2008 - 2009 - 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013- 2014 - 2015 - 2016 - 2017 - 2018
Copyright 2018. Hawai‘i Educational Research Association.
Last Updated October 17, 2018 12:18 PM