2012 National Cyber Security Awareness Month
October 2012 marks the ninth annual National Cyber Security Awareness Month (NSCAM) sponsored by the Department of Homeland Security in
cooperation with the National Cyber Security Alliance (NCSA) and the Multi State Information Sharing and Analysis Center (MS-ISAC).
The purpose of NSCAM is to raise awareness to the issues facing us about cyber security not only at UH, but also in our daily lives.
Working with the NCSA theme of STOP. THINK. CONNECT, the UH Information Security Team will be recognizing
NSCAM with the theme of "Are you Cyber S.M.A.R.T."
There will be five presentations, one given each week, over the month of October.
Each week you will have a chance to win an iTunes giftcard!
Attend or view a rebroadcast of a weekly presentation, then visit and Like the InfoSec Facebook
page to answer that week's security question correctly and enter a drawing for a $15 iTunes card. In addition to the five weekly drawings there will be a sixth drawing at the end of October for a $25 iTunes card.
All broadcasts will originate on the UH Manoa Campus in Kuykendall Hall, Room 201 and will be broadcast over the
network. Sign up to attend at: http://kuhi.its.hawaii.edu/training/
and click on "National Cyber Security Awareness Month Series". You will need to sign in with your UH username to register.
- Weekly Powerpoint presentations:
- Week 1 - Secure Information Destruction [pdf]
- Week 2 - Management and Storage of Sensitive Information [pdf]
- Week 3 - Avoid Identity Theft [pdf]
- Week 4 - Responsible Computing Practices [pdf]
- Week 5 - Think Before You Click [pdf]
- From the Federal Trade Commission (FTC), order free FTC ID Theft Materials
- Download the Information Security Team Brochure [pdf]
- STOP.THINK.CONNECT resources from the Department of Homeland Security & National Cyber Security Alliance's StaySafeOnline.org
- Additional tips & resources from StopThinkConnect.org
- SANS Losing Your Mobile Device Tip Sheet
- Cyber Security Month Meme's New Password, Ceiling Cat , Secure Password
- Watch a presentation rebroadcast here
Administrative Professional Conference slides (pdf)