Hawaiʻi will be in the spotlight when governmental leaders gather in Honolulu November 12–13 for the annual Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation Leaders Meeting.
Learn more about the University of Hawaiʻi’s involvement in APEC 2011.
Leaders’ Week TV
Leaders Week TV explores Hawaiian culture and perspectives and Hawaiʻi Host Committee themes of sustainability, business innovation, scientific discovery and life and health sciences. Playing round the clock in 30 APEC host hotels on Oʻahu, the videos feature activities of the University of Hawaiʻi and local businesses and messages from Hawaiʻi leaders.
Watch the videos featuring UH science and health research or browse all 40 videos.
APEC Related University Events
- July 26–August 11: Northeast Asian Economic Forum Young Leaders Training and Research Program in Regional Cooperation and Development for accepted fellows. Visit the program website.
- August–December: Hamilton Library exhibit drawn from APEC-related collections, open to the public in the Bridge gallery during library hours.
- August 8–11: Annual Northeast Asia Economic Forum, focusing on energy efficiency and conservation and technology transfer. Visit the NEAEF website.
- September 1: APEC 2011: What’s at Stake? Environment and Energy, a panel discussion open to invited participants and the public. Contact Denise Konan for information.
- October 17–20: APEC Climate Change Symposium on the theme “Harnessing and Using Climate Information for Decision-Making in Agriculture, Water Resource Management and Energy Efficiency,” co-sponsored by the International Pacific Research Center for invited participants and the public. Contact Kevin Hamilton for information.
- November 5–9: CIBER Directors Meeting, co-hosted by University of Hawaiʻi and University of Southern California centers. Contact Shirley Daniel for information.
- November 9–10: SPAMMAPS Forum: Asia Pacific Art and Economies, advocating art’s role in expanding consciousness, discourses and economic solutions. Contact Jaimey Hamilton for information.