IUSS Application Deadline: see webpage
Tuition Scholarships Application Deadlines
- Summer 2014: DEADLINE February 17, 2014 (CLOSED)
- Academic Year 2015 (fall-spring): DEADLINE February 17, 2014 (CLOSED)
JC Naughton ISS Scholarship Deadline: see listing in Star Scholarships
Kenji Yamaguma Scholarship Deadline: rolling
- International Undergraduate Student Scholarship (IUSS) (Application now available)
- ISS Tuition Scholarships
- ISS Monetary Scholarships
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Due to policy changes for 2014, applications will now be accepted only once a year in the spring for awards in the following summer and entire academic year (fall-spring) . Award periods will no longer be separated into fall and spring.
The tuition scholarships below share a common application, but may have require specific criteria and/or documents.
***Please READ the following information for complete eligibility requirements and other details:
- ISS Tuition Scholarships Information (Updated January 2014)
- Information for ISS Intern Applicants
- Apply ONLINE (CLOSED) - You can only access using your HAWAII.EDU account. If you are logged into a regular Gmail account, you should log out of that, then click on the link, which will take you to a log-in page, which will require your HAWAII.EDU account information.
The June Chun Naughton International Student Services Scholarship Minimum GPA of 3.00 for all applicants. For international and U.S. students with demonstrated leadership in promoting international education at UH Mānoa (outside of any course requirement, program requirement, or job/intern requirement) and/or some degree of financial hardship. Application via UH Student Scholarships. (Log in to STAR scholarships; enter ‘June’ in keyword search window; click ‘apply’. Recommendation letter from UHM faculty/staff/adviser must support your statement of eligibility.)
- Manoa Merit Scholarships (Undergraduates - recent high school graduates)
- Manoa Chancellor Scholarships (Undergraduates - graduates of Hawaii high schools only)
- University of Hawaii Star Scholarship Database - When you access the site, click on "scholarships" to view the database. Currently lists many, but not all, scholarships available to students. To search for scholarships open to international students, click on the Advanced Search tab. Under Residency, select "Any" or "International." By selecting "International," the search will only provide scholarships for international students only.
- UH System Scholarships - These scholarships are applicable for all campuses in the UH System, and there is a single online application for all of them. This page provides a quick list of the scholarships and information on the application. These scholarships may be applied for through the Star Scholarship Database.
- Other UH Foundation Scholarships - additional scholarships that are not currently available in the UH Student Scholarships database. Enter "international students" in the keyword search box.
- Board of Regents Exemptions of Tuition for Nonresidents - This is not a scholarship, but a way of getting reduced nonresident tuition if you qualify for certain categories. If you think you qualify, check with Admissions Office to see how you can claim the exemption.
Graduate students should inquire with their major departments and/or the Graduate Division website, which lists information on the following scholarships:
- Achievement Scholarships and Other Graduate Funding Opportunities
- Graduate Assistantships
- East-West Center Scholarships and Fellowships
- Tuition Waiver Scholarships - Some UHM departments have a limited number of merit-based partial tuition scholarships for degree-seeking students. Contact the department academic advisor or chair.
- Pacific Asian Scholarships - Contact the School of Pacific and Asian Studies fellowships office, Moore Hall 321.
- Athletic Scholarships - Contact head coach in your sport or Nagatani Academic Center.
- Band Scholarships - Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Orchestra Scholarships - Email email@example.com.
- ISS Administered Scholarships
- UH Funding Sources: Graduate
- UH Funding Sources: Undergraduate
- Other UH Funding Sources
All students, especially those receiving scholarships, should sign up for eRefund if they ever expect to get money from their UH account because of a refund for overpayment or overaward. It avoids having to track a check in the mail, which may get lost or misdirected due to incorrectly entered mailing addresses.
- Tuition awards are for UHM tuition and fees only. Courses from other UH campuses are not applicable. Payments are credited directly to a student's UHM account balance.
Monetary awards are issued in the form of a check to the student recipient. Students receiving such direct payments are required to have a federal tax ID number (e.g., Social Security Number (SSN) or Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN)). Monetary awards for international students must first be reviewed for possible federal tax withholding prior to awarding.