Tuition Scholarships Application Deadlines (download application)
- Summer 2013 (Financial Hardship and Internship ONLY): CLOSED
- Fall 2013: CLOSED
IUSS Application Deadline: see webpage
JC Naughton ISS Scholarship Deadline: see listing in Star Scholarships
Kenji Yamaguma Scholarship Deadline: rolling
- International Undergraduate Student Scholarship (IUSS)
- ISS Tuition Scholarships
- ISS Monetary Scholarships
The tuition scholarships below share a common application, but may have require specific criteria and/or documents. Please read the ISS Tuition Scholarships Information sheet carefully. The Tips for Completing Application may also be helpful. For internship applicants, please review the Information for ISS Intern Applicants.
The June Chun Naughton ISS Scholarship Minimum GPA of 3.00 for all applicants. For students with demonstrated leadership in service of international education, with some degree of financial hardship. Non-international students can also apply. Application via UH Student Scholarships.
- Chancellor’s Scholarship for International Students (Undergraduates)
- University of Hawaii Star Scholarship Database - When you access the site, click on "scholarships" to view the database. Currently lists many, but not all, scholarships available to students. To search for scholarships open to international students, click on the Advanced Search tab. Under Residency, select "Any" or "International." By selecting "International," the search will only provide scholarships for international students only.
- UH System Scholarships - These scholarships are applicable for all campuses in the UH System, and there is a single online application for all of them. This page provides a quick list of the scholarships and information on the application. These scholarships may be applied for through the Star Scholarship Database.
- Other UH Foundation Scholarships - additional scholarships that are not currently available in the UH Student Scholarships database. Enter "international students" in the keyword search box.
- Board of Regents Exemptions of Tuition for Nonresidents - This is not a scholarship, but a way of getting reduced nonresident tuition if you qualify for certain categories. If you think you qualify, check with Admissions Office to see how you can claim the exemption.
Graduate students should inquire with their major departments and/or the Graduate Division website, which lists information on the following scholarships:
- Achievement Scholarships and Other Graduate Funding Opportunities
- Graduate Assistantships
- East-West Center Scholarships and Fellowships
- Tuition Waiver Scholarships - Some UHM departments have a limited number of merit-based partial tuition scholarships for degree-seeking students. Contact the department academic advisor or chair.
- Pacific Asian Scholarships - Contact the School of Pacific and Asian Studies fellowships office, Moore Hall 321.
- Athletic Scholarships - Contact head coach in your sport or Nagatani Academic Center.
- Band Scholarships - Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Orchestra Scholarships - Email email@example.com.
- ISS Administered Scholarships
- UH Funding Sources: Graduate
- UH Funding Sources: Undergraduate
- Other UH Funding Sources
All students, especially those receiving scholarships, should sign up for eRefund if they ever expect to get money from their UH account because of a refund for overpayment or overaward. It avoids having to track a check in the mail, which may get lost or misdirected due to incorrectly entered mailing addresses.
- Tuition awards are for UHM tuition and fees only. Courses from other UH campuses are not applicable. Payments are credited directly to a student's UHM account balance.
- Monetary awards are usually issued through checks, which may be cashed and used for tuition and/or other expenses. Students receiving direct payments may be required to have a federal tax ID number (e.g., Social Security Number (SSN) or Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN)).