Services Catalog » Data Center Services
Data Center Services
The UH IT Center offers virtual server (VMware) and co-location services for University of Hawaii departments. The following is a list of service options available that are available. For more information, please contact the ITS data center team at email@example.com
|Standard data center features|
ITS Vmware Hosted Solutions
|Standard Virtual Server:
|To order a VM visit our VM Request page(UH Login required):||
(Click on "Virtual Server (VS)")
|Additional Virtual CPU||$170/CPU/Year|
|Additional Data Storage(minimum 25GB increments)||
|SSL Certificate||Free 5|
ITS Co-Location Service
|IT Center Colocation Service
The IT Center data center is located on the UH Manoa campus
|Per Rack Unit(RU) charge per year||$125|
|1 Cabinet full cabinet charge per year||$3,700|
2Maximum number of vCPUs is two. Please consult with our data center support for further options if you need additional processing power.
3Serially Attached SCSI (SAS), 15,000rpm, good for high performance needs such as databases.
4Serial Advanced Technology Attachment (SATA), 7,500rpm, good for basic storage such as file sharing, web.
5Departments/programs are provided 1 free SSL certicate to enourage SSL use. Additional certicates are charged at regular price.
6Departments are required to have an IT Specialist to maintain their VM or colocated equipment. Premium support charges are assessed as a penalty for departments violating this policy.
7Remote hands: view/report device status lights, power on/off, etc.
8Does not apply to protected information systems, i.e., FERPA, HIPAA, etc.
9Cabinet Technical Specifications
- Colocation Service Level Agreement(PDF, 153kb)
- Virtual Server Service Level Agreement
- Pricing is subject to change each fiscal year.
- Facilities are generally available 24x7; however, due to unavoidable circumstances (i.e. weather or emergencies), there may occasionally be periods in which services and/or access is not immediately available.
- Departments are required to have a qualified IT Specialist to manage their systems in the ITC or Keller data centers.
- Power costs are not currently charged, but will become a charge in the future.
- If expanding to larger subnet, re-addressing is REQUIRED.