With the majority of infrastructure construction completed for the new six-story UH Information Technology Center, the on-site tower crane has been removed from the building location east of Bilger Addition on the UH Manoa campus. Recent construction work on the interior has included:
- Site utilities, installing water lines, drain lines and hydrodynamic separators.
- Drywall partition framing and drywall installation.
- The service elevator has been brought on-line.
- The building exterior being enclosed with gypsum board sheathing, vapor barrier, metal wall panels and glass.
- Installation of the building fire sprinkler piping.
- The building's cooling tower system has been brought on site and is being installed.
- Waterproof floor coating was completed on Level 4 and is being installed on Level 3, to protect the Data Center on Level 2 from hurricane driven rain that may enter the upper floors.
- The mechanical and electrical rough in work is continuing on all floors, including the roof level.
The building will house enterprise information and communications technology systems and services that support modern teaching, administration and research for all 10 UH campuses. More details about the IT Center are available online at: www.hawaii.edu/technology/itcenter; photos of the ongoing construction can be viewed on the UH System Flickr site.