Last Update: October 4, 2017
Primary Contact: Bill Wrobleski (firstname.lastname@example.org), Director, Technology Infrastructure
21st Century Facilities
(F) Deliver Value in Enterprise Systems
Description & Benefits:
ITS provides network support for the UH Manoa main campus. Over the next few years, ITS will upgrade aging network components at UH Manoa to help ensure the infrastructure remains reliable and can meet expected increased bandwidth demands.
The focus in year one will be on upgrading and expanding key portions of the Manoa wireless infrastructure. The biggest change will be an upgrade of the central wireless controllers that are housed in the Information Technology Center Data Center. Additionally, some distributed infrastructure will be replaced, and network density will be expanded in some high volume sites (e.g. some large classrooms).
This project will also include the development of a five-year plan for the network. The five-year plan will be a framework that University leadership can use to plan for future investment.
- Complete preliminary 5-year plan – August 2016
- Finalize scope for FY17 upgrade work – October 2016
- Complete replacement of wireless controllers – January 2017
- Improve wireless coverage for large classrooms and other high volume sites – June 2017
- 88.7% access points installed; 63.3% of UPSs installed – Fall 2017