Polycom Web Suite is a feature rich, content sharing, web-collaboration tool. Universal browser access allows users to host or join meetings, share content, and collaborate with other web, mobile, desktop, and room system participants. Simple click-to-connect convenience quickly brings participants into a meeting on a PC, tablet, or smartphone by clicking a URL link. All devices using cloud-based videoconferencing require a camera, microphone, speakers and an Internet connection; mobile devices require the installation of Polycom RealPresence Mobile software. This is the University of Hawaii’s recommended video collaboration solution instead of personal or proprietary videoconferencing solutions such as Skype, Google+, Microsoft Lync, etc.
Computer Hardware/Software Requirements
Minimum Windows PC requirements
- Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5 GHz, or AMD equivalent
- 2 GB RAM
- Windows 8 or Windows 7
Minimum Mac Requirements
- Intel Core 2 Duo, Core i3, Core i5, Core i7, or Xeon processor
- 2 GB of RAM
- OS X Snow Leopard, OS X Lion 10.7, or OS X Mountain Lion 10.8
- Internet Explorer 10 or later
- Firefox 14 or later
- Chrome 11 or later (Windows only)
- Chrome on Android 4.1 and later
- Safari 5.0.6 or later (Mac only)
- Safari on iPhone 4s
- Safari on iOS 8 devices: iPad, iPad Air2, iPhone 5c, 5s, 6, 6 Plus
- Install RealPresence Mobile Software
- Service is free for UH faculty and staff for University of Hawaii business. It is not recommended for instructional/distance learning delivery.
- Requestor must submit a Cloud-Based Videoconferencing Request Form at least three business days prior to conference date.
- Scheduling assistance, please contact the Scheduling Hotline at (808) 956-2724 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Requestor will receive a confirmation, via electronic mail, with User Instructions from ITS Academic Technologies. Instructions will include 1) how to connect to conference, 2) how to share content (if applicable), and 3) trouble call number in case an individual is having problems before or during conference.
- Requestor is responsible for sending participant(s) the User Instructions prior to the videoconference.
Conditions of Use
- Must be a University of Hawaii faculty or staff to submit a request.
- Service is available for ad hoc UH business such as administrative meetings, interviews, research collaborations, office hours, tutoring, advising, outside class group work. It is not recommended for instructional/distance learning delivery.
- Maximum number of participants in a single conference is twenty (20).
- The instructor must submit requests for student group work.
- This service is not for use in combination with any webconferencing tools or proprietary videoconferencing tools such as Halawai, Blackboard Collaborate, Skype, WebEx, GoToMeeting, Microsoft Lync, Google+, iChat, etc.
- Service is interoperable with most other H.323 standards-based devices (Tandberg, LifeSize, Polycom, etc.) and RealPresence Desktop.
- To cancel a request, a minimum notice of 24 business hours is required.