The Hawaiʻi Interactive Video Services (HITS) is a video network designed and optimized primarily to deliver credit courses between campuses and educations centers within the University of Hawaiʻi System. If time permits, HITS may also be used to deliver statewide non-credit courses, training workshops, meetings, interviews, guest lecturers, and presentations to other UH campuses and educational centers.
- ITV credit courses have priority on HITS. The availability of HITS for non-credit and videoconferences is dependent on the schedule of ITV credit course offerings each semester.
- Requests will not be accepted during the first week of the semester.
- Requests will not be accepted during maintenance downtimes
- Winter Recess
- Week prior to the Fall semester
Available Time Blocks: Summer Session 2017
|9:00AM to 4:00PM||9:00AM to 4:00PM||9:00AM to 4:00PM||9:00AM to 4:00PM||9:00AM to 4:00PM|
*announcement of availability for future semesters will not be made available until the semester schedule of courses is finalized. If you wish to be on the announcement mailing list, please subscribe to firstname.lastname@example.org
Scheduling and Payment
- Submit an online reservation form to request HITS.
- Submission of request form must be received no later than three weeks prior to event date. This is to allow time to coordinate and reserve HITS classrooms and staff support at each location requested.
- Reservations are based on first-come, first-served basis.
- Registered UH Student Organization requests must be submitted by the organization’s UH advisor. Advisor must be present during the event.
- UH Dissertation Defense requests must be submitted by the student’s UH advisor or UH program department. If not, the student will be charged for the service at the Private Organization rate (see Rates section).
- ITS will confirm HITS reservations by email.
- An event reservation process is highly recommended to allow Event Coordinator to cancel locations, prior to event date, if there are no participants.
- When applicable, charges will be incurred regardless if there are participants at a site or not. Therefore it is imperative to cancel locations that are not needed.
- For cancellations without proper notice, charges will incur whether or not there are participants at each location.
- When applicable, upon completion of the event the Requestor will be invoiced by ITS.
- For further assistance in scheduling HITS for videoconferencing purposes, please email email@example.com or call (808) 956-2724.
(videoconferencing and fee-based non-credit courses)
|Origination Site||Receive Site (Per site)||Set-up (Per site)||Outside Business Hours (Per site)|
|UH – videoconferencing||No charge||No charge||No charge||Additional $45/hr.|
|UH – fee-based non-credit courses||$65/hr.||$45/hr.||$50||Additional $45/hr.|
|Government, Non-Profit, UH Registered Student Organizations||$65/hr.||$45/hr.||$50||Additional $45/hr.|
*Conditions of Use
- Room layout is fixed at all HITS locations. Tables should not be moved or rearranged. All equipment, including chairs and tables must remain in the room.
- Event Coordinator is responsible for providing enough printed handouts for all participants at each location. We recommend either e-mailing the handouts to each participant in advance, creating a website where participants can download the materials, or assigning a staff to print and distribute handouts to participants.
- Site staff are not responsible for duplication or handout distribution.
- Each HITS site’s food/drink policy may differ. Event coordinator should contact the site’s HITS coordinator for more information.
- ITS, the campus media centers, and educational centers are not responsible for injury to participants and are not liable for personal property loss.
- If VOD is requested, Event Coordinator must inform participants that the conference will be recorded, and is responsible for handling recording waiver. Event Coordinator is also responsible for copyright clearance (if applicable).
To schedule HITS for credit course or non-credit course delivery, click here.