At ITS Labs, we try to focus on creating a more customer-oriented environment in which we can provide the best service to all University of Hawaii students, faculty and staff. To accomplish this, we have two accessible computer stations in our general purpose computing labs to accommodate those that are physically impaired. These computer stations have been equipped with special software and motorized adjustable height tables.
- Intel i5 3.16 GHz CPUs
- 8GB RAM
- 500 GB Hard Drive
- 21.5" Widescreen Flat Panel LED Displays
- DVD/RW Drives
- Motorized Adjustable Table (Hamilton only)
- Microsoft Office 2010
- Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.
- Microsoft Edge
- Mozilla Firefox
- Google Chome
- Acrobat Reader
- SSH Secure Shell Client
- Filezilla FTP Client
- McAfee VirusScan
- VLC Player
- Adobe Flash Player
- GIMP Image Editor
- Atom Text Editor
- A utility that combines text to speech and visual enhancements to create a better environment for the visually impaired.
- A tool that enlarges icons and fonts on the display. Color schemes may also be altered to make the computing experience easier for the vision impaired.
Dragon Naturally Speaking 11
- This software package offers a speech to text/command feature. A user may speak into a microphone to relay commands that tell the computer to process different instructions, including typing.
Kurzweil 3000 Web (Requires K3000 Username & Password)
- This software is a comprehensive reading, writing and learning solution for individuals with learning disabilities such as dyslexia and attention deficit disorder.
- Ask Kokua for a K3000 Username & Password