Special Info for Firefox users
Due to the way Firefox handles security handles security you'll need to update some web browser settings to tell Firefox how to work with iTunesU.
We have a page that steps a user through the settings that you need to change in order for Firefox to correctly launch iTunes. Firefox users are usually forwarded to that link, but if for some reason you are not forwarded, you can access it here.
If you are still encountering problems you may need to modify a setting that you have already enabled.
Launch Firefox and do the following:
- Enter "about:config" in the address bar, which will open the advance configuration options of Firefox.
- In the text field labeled "Filter" enter 'itms'
- Look for items with the Preference Name that start with 'network.protocol-handler'
- If the Preference Name is network.protocol-handler.external.itmss or network.protocol-handler.external.itms then the Value column needs to contain "true". Double-click on the word "false", to change it to "true".
- If the Preference Name is network.protocol-handler.warn-external.itmss or network.protocol-handler.warn-external.itms then the Value column needs to contain "false". Double-click on the word "true", to change it to "false".