Disability Types -- Examples
Examples of different kinds of disabilities and the categories that they may fall into include, but are not limited to:
- Health-related disabilities
- cancer, diabetes, psychiatric disabilities, heart conditions, hemophilia, HIV/AIDS, lupus, renal dysfunction, respiratory disease, seizure disorders, traumatic brain injury, etc.
- Mobility-related disabilities
- paraplegia, quadriplegia, arthritis, carpal tunnel syndrome, cerebral palsy, multiple sclerosis, muscular dystrophy, polio, spinal cord injuries, stroke, etc.
- Hearing-related disabilities
- Deaf, Hard of hearing, vertigo,etc.
- Visual disabilities
- complete blindness or low vision that may be a result of macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, glaucoma, retinitis pigmentosa, inoperable cataracts, etc.
- Learning disabilities
- Dyslexia, Attention Deficit Disorder, Dysgraphia, Central Auditory Processing Disorder, Dyscalculia, Asperger's, Autism Spectrum Disorder, etc.