Exam accommodations may include but are not limited to:
(The following are pre-determined by KOKUA staff based on disability documentation)
- Extended time
- Distraction reduced space
- Assistive Technology (Jaws, Kurzweil, CCTV, Dragon, etc.)
- Live Reading
- Scribe services
- Alternative Media (Braille, E-text, Copy enlargement, etc.)
- Computer use (Word processing)
- Answer sheet completion
Procedures for exams at KOKUA
You must submit a request to KOKUA at least one week in advance of your exam. With the large volume of exams that we are arranging, we may not be able to accommodate late requests. You can submit your exam request(s) one of three ways:
- Come into the office to schedule your exam in-person with our reception staff.
- Call KOKUA at 956-7612 or 956-7511 (voice/text) to make your request.
- Email KOKUA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please notify your Professor of your intention to take his/her exam at KOKUA. Plan to start your exam at the same time as your classmates. All changes must be approved by your Professor.
When making your request please provide us with the following information:
- Your name (e.g. Audrey Hepburn)
- Your contact information (e.g. 808-888-88888)
- Day, date, and time of exam (e.g. Friday, September 6, 10:30 a.m.)
- Course (e.g. PACE 447)
- Standard length of exam (e.g. 50 min., 75 min.)
- Exam Conditions (e.g. closed book, closed notes. use of calculator)
- Professor's full name (e.g. Dr. John Doolittle)
- Professor's contact information (e.g. 956-0000, email@example.com)
Policies for exams at KOKUA:
- Please refrain from bringing valuables to KOKUA. Your bag will be placed in our locked closet by a KOKUA staff member. KOKUA is not responsible for lost/stolen/damaged items.
- The following items are not allowed in the testing area:
- Unauthorized notes/books
- Electronic devices: cell phones, MP3 players, laptops, netbooks, etc.
- Personal items: backpacks, bags, etc.
- Food and drinks (unless medically prescribed)
- Faculty instructions/exam conditions will be reviewed with you by a full-time KOKUA staff member before the exam begins. You will be asked to sign a document (green sheet) acknowledging that you understand the stated conditions. You are responsible for abiding by these conditions. KOKUA is responsible for enforcing these conditions.
- You are not permitted to leave the testing area once you have begun your exam. Please use the restroom before your exam starts. The KOKUA office restroom will be available to you for restroom emergencies.
- You are responsible for personal exam materials (i.e. pen, pencil, calculator). If you forget personal exam materials and leave to retrieve them prior to the exam's start, when you return you will only be given the remainder of your allotted time.
- If you are unclear about the exam instructions or conditions, or have any questions, immediately stop the exam and seek assistance from a KOKUA staff member. The staff member will attempt to contact your professor or allow you to write a note to your professor explaining the problem or question which will then be returned with the exam.
- All scratch paper will be provided by KOKUA staff and returned to your professor with the exam.
- A KOKUA staff member may come into the exam room at any time to monitor exam conditions.
- If testing irregularities are observed or if there is suspected evidence of cheating, the exam will be stopped, all materials will be confiscated and will be turned in to the appropriate faculty member with an incident report filed with Judicial Affairs. As a result you may be charged with academic misconduct, which may result in your dismissal from UH Manoa.
Cancellation, Lateness, Illness, and Rescheduling Policies:
- You must arrive on time to take scheduled exams at KOKUA.
- If you are unable to take your exam due to illness or an emergency, contact your professor immediately. KOKUA is not able to make decisions about rescheduling exams.
- If you arrive late for a scheduled exam, the amount of time you are late will be deducted from total time.
- You may not use your alloted exam time to study
- If you decide not to take your exam at KOKUA, please notify our office as soon as possible so that we can utilize the exam space for other students and return your exam materials to your professor.
- If you do not show up for a scheduled exam, KOKUA will return the unproctored exam materials to your professor with a "no show" notification.
- It is your responsibility to initiate the exam request process to reschedule an exam.