KOKUA Student Employees
Each semester, the KOKUA Program hires qualified UH students to assist in providing direct services to our students with disabilities. This is an on-campus job listed under the UH Student Employment & Cooperative Education office (SECE). We are also a participant in the Federal Work Study program and welcome any students who carry FWS awards to apply.
The Disability Access Services Assistant position is the primary job opportunity that we have available for student employees. Duties for this job include (but are not limited to): taking notes in various college-level courses; providing scribe services, library assistance, mobility assistance, and other academic support services to students with disabilities.
KOKUA hopes to cultivate a work experience that is more than "just another campus job." Working at KOKUA affords student staff opportunities to learn more about respect, inclusion, the importance of human relationships and how we are all "people first" with a range of unique abilities and characteristics.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for students who:
- Are academically strong
- Are able to take complete, accurate, and legible notes in classes
- Display positive attitudes and strong customer service skills
- Are good communicators (verbal, written, and interpersonal)
- Have a desire to help others respectfully and with integrity
- Are reliable, responsible, committed employees
- Are able to follow explicit, detailed instructions
- Are open to constructive feedback
- Can work flexible hours
- Are currently enrolled within the UH System
Interested in applying?
- Stop by our office, located at QLCSS 013, and pick up an application.
- Set up an interview appointment through one of our Receptionists.
- Go to the SECE website: https://sece.its.hawaii.edu/sece/ and print out a Referral form for our job #97304.
Job# 9 7 3 0 4
- Log onto the SECE website and enter your username and password.
- The first screen you see will be the "Main Student Menu" -- enter job number 97304.
- This will take you to the "Detailed Job Listing" screen of our job listing -- click on the "Add to my Referral" tab at the bottom.
- Our job number and position should appear under your "Selected Referrals" -- click on the dot under "Select" to select that job.
- This will move the job to "Processed Referrals," and it should appear in blue letters -- click anywhere on that blue job number or position.
- This will bring you to the Referral form -- Print this form!
We look forward to sharing in this unique, interactive job experience and trust that it will be a mutually beneficial opportunity for you. This is an excellent way for you to preview, review, and explore different classes and subject matter while helping others on the UH Manoa campus. Come join us and earn while you learn!
- Pick up your assignment sheet(s) from the office on or before the first day of classes.
- We have a new and improved timecard system so please be sure to come to the office and sign out for a new flash drive for this current semester.
- Remember, if you cannot make it to an assignment please be sure to call us at 956-7612 immediately or leave a voice mail message.
Summer 2011 Timecard / Online Timesheet Due Dates
- Friday, June 3
- Monday, June 20
- Tuesday, July 5
- Wednesday, July 20
- Friday, August 5
- Thursday, August 18