Documents and Resources
Senate Policies and Supporting Documents
- Interim LPC Procedures (Fall 2012) for Soliciting External Evaluations
Per the resolution passed at the University of Hawaii Manoa Library Faculty Senate meeting on August 21, 2012, the Library Personnel Committee will observe the following procedures for 2012 tenure and/or promotion applications.
- Constitution and By Laws (revised)
The most recent update of the Constitution and By Laws was enacted with approval of faculty senate to eliminate the position of Parliamentarian so that all senate members would be able to participate equally. The changes removed all mention of the Parliamentarian from the Constitution. Amendment detailing the changes
- 2011/2012 Five-Year Committee Service Roster
- Elections Committee - Policies and Procedures
- Elections Committee - Proposed Revisions to the Election Committee Policies and Procedures
Addressing dissolution of Staff Development Committee
- Library Personnel Committee Policies and Procedures [draft revised]
Approved by the Library Senate August 9, 2010. Awaiting approval from UHPA and UHM Administration. ***Note: this document is not currently in force, and is posted here for reference purposes only. Until such time as both UHPA and UHM Administration approve these revisions, the 2008 Library Personnel Committee Policies and Procedures (link above) are in force, and should be referred to for all questions relating to LPC.
- Library Personnel Committee Policies and Procedures [current]
Approved by the Library Senate February 13, 2008. Approved by UHPA April 29, 2008. Approved by Manoa Chancellor's Office May 2, 2008. **Note: this is the currently in-force Policies and Procedures document, and should be referred to for all questions relating to LPC, with the exception of the procedure for soliciting external reviews. For the interim procedure for soliciting external reviews approved by Library Senate resolution on August 21, 2012, see link below. A new draft LPC Policies and Procedures document is currently in preparation and will be presented to the Senate at its October 2012 meeting. While the Library Senate approved revisions to the LPC Policies and Procedures in 2009 (link below), the revised text has not yet been approved by UHPA and UHM administration.
- 2008 Form for Evaluation of Library Executives
- Elections Committee - Proposed Revisions to Elections Committee Procedures
- Nina D.P. Horio Excellence in Librarianship Award