The deadline for Fall 2020 admissions applications has been extended to Aug. 1, 2020. Please review Graduate Division’s updated policy regarding submission formats due to stay-at-home orders.
Please be aware of possible delays in the review of your application due to faculty working from different locations due to stay-at-home orders. If you are interested in summer classes, please contact Cheri Ebisu via email: email@example.com
Thank you to our students for your ongoing patience and perseverance during these chaotic times. Your Program Coordinator personally apologizes for not updating this website sooner with pandemic resources.
Changes to the LIS Program:
- Classes will be online through the end of Spring 2020 and Summer Session I semesters.
- LIS Program space is not available to students during this time, including the Diner.
- Cancelled classes for Fall 2020: LIS 619 Preservation Management, LIS 631 Introduction to Hawai’i/Pacific Librarianship, and LIS 690 Internship. Exceptions will be made for LIS 690 Internship for graduating students only.
- Advising and registration will take place online this semester.
- All student organization events have been cancelled for the foreseeable future.
- UHM COVID-19 updates
- How to apply for UH urgent student relief fund
- Counseling resources
- LIS Diner is now digital, via Google Hangouts
- How to be safe and sanitize books [via ALA]
Oral exams and ePortfolio assignments will still be conducted and due, respectively, via Zoom and other online platforms this semester. Please contact your advisor or 692 instructor for questions or concerns about either. There will be no LIS Grad Dinner this semester. 🙁
Be safe out there. We will keep you updated as much as possible to any changes in our Program.