A wide range of choices are available. If collections work is desired, the whole process after acquisitions will be experienced. An example of the process would be to rehouse items, conserve them, and publish and inventory as print a finding aids catalog, EAD, and entering a bibliographic record in the ILS.
The Kamehameha Schools Archives contains collections about the history of Kamehameha Schools from 1887. Collections include documents, artifacts and multi-media. We also have extensive photograph collections including historical negatives.
- LIS 601 Introduction to Reference & Information Services.
- LIS 652 Introduction to Archival Management
- LIS 605 Metadata Creation for Information Organization
- Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop
- Web design and CSS (Cascading Style Sheets)
- Other basic software applications
The student can work remotely from any location and be in touch via email. We will negotiate the schedule depending on the projects chosen.
Goals and Outcomes
- To gain experience handling archive collections. The outcome will be the inventory and an exhibit.
- To gain experience creating a digital collection. The outcome will be the digital format, database, web pages and so on.
- To gain experience creating archives publications. The outcome will be the publication.
Satisfactory completion of the project as negotiated will be the only evaluation.
Continuous evaluation as I work with the intern negates the need for a set schedule. This imitates the real work experience as I know it.
- Stacy Naipo
- (808) 842-8945