Beta Phi Mu - Xi Chapter Scholarship
To apply for the Beta Phi Mu Xi Chapter scholarship, please submit the following:
- UH transcripts showing completed LIS coursework (a web version from MyUH is fine),
- A cover letter outlining your service to the UH LIS Program and its students, and
- A letter of recommendation from a faculty member or job supervisor.
Please send documents via e-mail or USPS to the Beta Phi Mu Scholarship Committee, along with your return USPS mailing address, to:
Office of the State Librarian
44 Merchant Street
Honolulu, HI 96813
The $250 scholarship will be awarded based on the following criteria:
- Minimum 3.85 GPA
- Completion of at least 18 credits in the UH Manoa LIS graduate program
- Cover letter detailing your service to the LIS community, such as student group leadership (i.e., Hui Dui, ALA-SC, SLA, ASIS&T, HASL, SAA, Nā Hawai'i 'Imi Loa, AHA, LIS Diversity Council) and reasons why you qualify for this scholarship
- One letter of recommendation from an LIS instructor that emphasizes scholarship and research abilities or a letter from a library job, internship, or volunteer supervisor stating your leadership potential, commitment to Hawai'i, and service to the profession, the UHM LIS Program, UHM LIS students, or your community.
The deadline for applications is April 1, 2017. An acknowledgement email will be sent when all application materials have been received. If you do not receive an acknowledgement within a few days of submitting your documents, please resend your application or contact the Scholarship Committee Chair. Beta Phi Mu Xi Chapter is not responsible for applications lost in transit. The award will be presented at the Spring semester Hui Dui graduation dinner.