Astronomy is the Answer 16
An interview with the director as he takes the helm of the University of Hawai'i's Institute for Astronomy.
Astronomy: A Plan for Mauna Kea 17
UH Hilo assumes management of volcano-top land that is both the best place on Earth for doing astronomy and a cultural and environmental resource.
The Last Best Gift 18
Posthumous donors become crucial teachers in the UH School of Medicine's willed body program.
- Professors make classical Chinese texts available on the Internet 3
- The Matsunaga Institute for Peace teaches students to manage on-the-job conflict 3
- Geography professors produce a Hawai'i atlas geared for youngsters 3
- Web site lets you view commencement ceremonies online 3
- UH-Chinese collaboration builds drift chamber for high energy physics studies 3
- Honolulu Community College becomes a Cisco Training Academy 3
- UH Manoa establishes a Globalization Research Center 4
- Underwater archaeology program finds American Civil War wreckage in Micronesia 4
- Cloning research team moves into a new laboratory 4
- A presidential scholar comments on the 2000 election 4
- Jonathan Lyau: award-winning marathon runner helps others train 23
- Frances Pickens: noted Honolulu metal artist is an arts advocate 24
- Kurt Osaki and Craig Hirasaki: former college friends reunite to design a new athletic logo for UH 26
- Maria Chun: UH's first community psychology doctoral graduate tackles government waste 28