Join the UH Alumni Association and chapters for these summer events:
- June 18—2009 UHAA Annual Member Lunch 11:30 a.m. at the Hilton Hawaiian Village Resort and Spa Coral 4 Ballroom. Registration deadline is June 11; register online or call (808) 956-2586. Award-winning photographer PF Bentley (BEd ’75 Mānoa), will describe his experiences in a talk titled From Waikīkī to the White House. Bentley, who was profiled in the September 2004 Mālamalama has covered every U.S. presidential campaign and been on a first-name basis with the winners for the past 16 years. He has worked for Time and Newsweek magazines, as well as Discovery, The Travel Channel and ABC-TV News. His work on the ABC-TV Nightline program Speaking Your Mind was nominated for an Emmy.
- June 18—William S. Richardson School of Law Alumni Association holds its annual meeting followed by a Food and Wine Tasting Extravaganza at the Plaza Club 20th Floor, 900 Fort Street Mall. The annual meeting begins at 5 p.m. Wine tasting will begin at 5:30 p.m. and will feature wines from around the world, donated by HASR Wine Co., Johnson Brothers, Chambers and Chambers and Southern Wine and Spirits. This year’s silent auction will feature dining certificates, entertainment, art, Red Sox tickets and much more. Proceeds will benefit the chapter’s scholarship fund. For information and tickets, e-mail or call (808) 956-5516.
- June 24—Shidler Alumni Association Dine Around, 5:30–8:30 p.m. at the Royal Hawaiian Center. Admission is $40 per person; RSVP deadline is June 15. Sample signature dishes and beer/wine pairings from Wolfgang’s Steakhouse, P.F. Chang’s Waikīkī and Paradiso Seafood and Grille. For information, contact Maile Au, (808) 956-3263.
Save the date for these events, details to be posted in July, or see http://uhalumni.org.
- Alumni night at Colorado’s Coors Field Aug. 22, at 6:10 p.m. Contact Colorado Chapter president, Lauri Harrison at (303) 885-4200 for information about the event or chapter membership.
- Warrior football away games and tailgates for match-ups with Washington State (in Seattle), Sept. 12; UNLV, Sept. 19; and San Jose State, Nov. 21.
- Disney Institute in Honolulu Sept. 15–16 sponsored by the UH Mānoa Shidler College of Business. Choose the Disney Keys to Excellence and/or Disney Keys to Inspiring Creativity program. See the website for details; use the Shidler promotional code UHANE to receive $50 off per event.
- Homecoming 2009 Nov. 3–7 celebrates the 100th anniversary of UH Football. Enjoy the UHAA Golf Tournament. Receive alumni ticket discounts for the Utah game.